Author Topic: Beating the Odds  (Read 338 times)

Offline NJDevil18

• View Profile
Beating the Odds
« on: January 16, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »
#102/383 Beating the Odds (SS)
Action
Draw 1 card.
When this card is in your Ring area, you may put this card into your Ringside pile when your opponent plays a maneuver that "cannot be reversed" in some way to allow that maneuver to be reversed normally.
If an effect your opponent controls removes this card from your Ring area, he ends his turn.
Active
F: 0      D: 0

104/150 (PREMIUM RARE - The Rock logo ONLY)
Remove the People's Elbow Pad
Mid-match Action
Can only be played after a successfully played Rock-specific maneuver OR if you reversed an opponent's maneuver with the card titled Spine Buster last turn and this is the first card played on this turn.
Your opponent cannot play Reversal cards from his hand for the rest of the turn.
When this card is in your Ring area, before your Draw Segment, you may put this card into your Backlash deck.
Smackdown logo
Unique
F: 5      D: 0

#226/643 Remove the People's Elbow Pad (V) (RUMBLE PACK FOIL - The Rock Logo)
Mid-match Action
Can only be played after a successfully played card or if you reversed a card to end your opponent's last turn and this is your first card played this turn.
Your opponent cannot play Reversal cards from his hand for the rest of the turn.
When this card is in your Ring area, before your Draw Segment, you may overturn 1 card and then put this card into your Backlash deck.
   (Activated Card Effect Symbol)
Throwback
Unique
F: 5      D: 0

My question is the FAQ says this regarding beating the odds:  -Beating will affect maneuver cards with an appropriate restriction on reversals. EXAMPLE: Redemption, Remove the People's Elbow Pad.

I always understood both versions of the Elbow Pad to be play restrictions not a reversal restriction, therefore Beating the Odds would not affect it.  Is this an old entry in the FAQ and is now outdated?  Or is this correct?  Thanks.

Offline NJDevil18

• View Profile
Re: Beating the Odds
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 12:28:55 PM »
So... I don’t mean to “bump” this thread but I feel like it may have been forgotten about as it has been a week. So can I just call this a friendly reminder about this question? Please and thank you.

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 07:01:46 PM »
No worries. You're right; I did forget to circle back to this one.

The entry for Beating the Odds in the Omni is incorrect. While Redemption has received errata to convert it to the intended reversal restriction (as opposed to the play restriction printed on the original card), Remove the People's Elbow Pad remains a play restriction. Beating the Odds does not remove the play restriction from RTPEP.

We'll add that to the list of things to correct in Omni v4.1.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:11:26 PM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline NJDevil18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 07:06:28 PM »
That is what I thought.  Thank you much Dilbert!