Author Topic: Deck help for Shawn Michaels and Mr. PPV  (Read 547 times)

Offline OmegaStar

• View Profile
Deck help for Shawn Michaels and Mr. PPV
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:02:04 AM »
Hi all, I'm working on a couple of decks and have some creative block.  I'm looking at building Mr. PPV Technical with the high risk techs, with the tech monkey flips to make them multi.  I'm at a loss at what else to put in for maneuvers, and mid match construction.

As for Michaels, I'm not sure what the best build is for him.  Any suggestions?

Classic only, as that is what our playgroup's format.

Thanks!

Offline BigPimpin

• Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Deck help for Shawn Michaels and Mr. PPV
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 01:57:24 PM »
With Mr. PPV, you're on the right track, though I'm not sure you need the High Risks to be Multi if they're Arsenal only.  Generally the winning formula with PPV is Action > High Risk (or in the case of Maneuver of Doom, just play the High Risk), so as long as your deck is focused on hitting the right High Risks you should be in great shape.  If you're Cheater, he's one of the easier Shoot Counter decks in the game with Straight-Shooting Interview in the Pre and Mr. Monday Night hitting the table.  If you're Fan Favorite and fall behind by 10+ F, you can use Hidden Dragon for Shot In Arsenal-only. 

HBK is a massive toolbox superstar.  You can pretty much do anything you want with him and it'll be good.  I've had some success in the past with a Chain / Heat mix HBK based around searching for The Legend Lives On and reversing the first thing you can with it to turn on all your maneuvers being Chain (hand) or Heat (Ringside).  You can pack a mix of the two types of printed Chain/Heat cards so you're almost always throwing moves that are both Chain and Heat.  There was also a World Championship deck a long time ago that searched for Redemption and played it turn 1 irreversibly (due to having Backstage Politics) and then using Heat to tough out the opponent.  Not sure how well that's aged or what the exact decklist was, but it was pretty much all Heat and specifics.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.