Author Topic: Nxt takeover card question  (Read 395 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Nxt takeover card question
« on: November 01, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »
NXT Takeover
Pre-match Pay-Per-View Event
Requirement: Allegiance: NXT
Cannot be packed by a Rookie.
Your opponent cannot reduce your Pre-match Capacity or Starting Hand Size, or make you discard cards before the first Draw Segment.
At the end of the Pre-match phase when a Venue is in any Ring, you may shuffle up to # cards in your hand into your Arsenal and draw the same number +1 (# is the number of NXT cards in your Ring).
ACE: During his turn when he plays a card, you may put 1 NXT card from your Ring under this card and then your reversals are not affected by his cards for the rest of the turn.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     NXT logo

I play Claw which cannot be reversed from hand. Can my opponent use the bottom effect of NXT Takeover and ignore the reversal restriction form Claw?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +51/-42
    • View Profile
Re: Nxt takeover card question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 12:06:55 PM »
No. What that ACE does (more or less) is put a limited version of the Restricted Modification Symbol on your reversals. If a card of his (note that this does not affect modifications from his ability) attempts to change something on your card (blanking it, reducing the damage, increasing the fortitude, something like that), you get to ignore that as though your card had RMS. The reversal may still be modified by your effects, though.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.