Author Topic: What's Mine is Mine and What's Yours is Mine (WMIMAWYIM) QUESTION  (Read 118 times)

Offline The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-40
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
What's Mine is Mine and What's Yours is Mine - Throwback
Action: Heel
Cannot be packed by The Heat Seekers.
Choose one: draw up to 2 cards and put up to 1 card from your Ringside with the same title as a card from your Ring into your hand; or put 1 non-Superstar-specific card from your opponent's Ring into your Ring and discard 2 cards.
Whenever he searches for 1 card, he must reveal that card, and you may then search for 1 card with the same title as his card, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
When this card is moved from your Ring, put any cards moved from his Ring into your Ring with this card into his Ring.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique     Cheater logo     RMS logo

So it says, "or put 1 non-Superstar-specific card from your opponent's Ring into your Ring and discard 2 cards"

The question is, can you move an opponent's permanent card into YOUR Ring Area with this?

The official definition of Permanent from Comic Images is "Permanent: a Permanent card cannot be removed from the Ring, unless the text of that card states it can be removed."

Technically, it does not say "cannot be removed from YOUR Ring", but just, "The Ring"... and WMIMAWYIM is not removing the opponent's card from "The Ring".

What do you guys think?

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Re: What's Mine is Mine and What's Yours is Mine (WMIMAWYIM) QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 07:07:04 AM »
There is no one combined "the Ring." There is your Ring, and there is his Ring. They are separate entities, and moving a Permanent card from one to the other is verboten, unless the Permanent card is moving itself. We have multiple cards that reference "all players' Rings," but the only references to "the Ring" (other than in Ladder in the Ring, Throw Opponent Out of the Ring, and the like) on actual cards are references to your Ring.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-40
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's Mine is Mine and What's Yours is Mine (WMIMAWYIM) QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 09:54:11 PM »
yes these were also my initial thoughts too... 2 separate "ring areas", one yours and one the opponent's.. and permanent must stay in whichever one it began in when originally played, unless the player of the permanent card has a way to remove it. Thanks for your input Dilbert

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"