Author Topic: Nephilim  (Read 249 times)

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
Nephilim
« on: October 12, 2020, 09:41:29 PM »
Nephilim
High Risk + High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successful 4D+ maneuver or as a Counter (6D+ maneuver). When played after Springboard or From the Top Rope, can only be reversed from Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards from any Ringside.
When this card is in your Ring, your Black Mass cannot be reversed from Backlash.
F: 20     D: 10     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
V11

Springboard
Action: Set-up
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver OR the card titled Irish Whip.
Discard 1 card. If your next card played this turn is a Strike maneuver, it is instead considered a High Risk maneuver and can be reversed by Reversal cards that reverse High Risk maneuvers OR by Reversal cards that reverse a maneuver if that maneuver is played after the card titled Irish Whip.
F: 5      D: 0

Springboard (TB)
Action: Set-up
Can only be played after a successfully played card.
If your next card played this turn is a Strike maneuver, it is instead considered a High Risk maneuver played after the card titled Irish Whip.
F: 5      D: 0

Is there any way to play Nephilim after Springboard?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Re: Nephilim
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 09:46:54 PM »
Springboard doesn't restrict what you play after it; you just don't get the text on Springboard itself if you play something that isn't a Strike.

In this case, you get the text on Nephilim instead.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »
Right, but Springboard isn't a 4D+ maneuver, and can't reverse any 6D+ maneuvers to set up a Counter play. And neither version of Springboard allow you to disregard Nephilim's "can only be played after..." text.

That's where my hang-up is: is there something I'm forgetting that would actually let Nephilim be played after Springboard?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »
Just to close the loop here for anyone not on the Discord: Whoops. Every once in a while, we accidentally a word or concept; this is one of those cases. Aleister was intended to be able to play Nephilim after Springboard, but we kind of forgot to let him. That will be fixed down the line, so for now, consider that to be a hint towards future support.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 07:46:58 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, that's what I had assumed had happened. But in the event that there was an easy combo that I was just forgetting about, I wanted to confirm (since an easy combo could absolutely effect deck construction).