Author Topic: NXT v. Smackdown v. Raw  (Read 226 times)

Offline oninodeibbido

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
NXT v. Smackdown v. Raw
« on: October 07, 2020, 04:24:57 AM »
Is NXT considered a third option for packing cards. Can I have RAW and NXT or not?

Can someone point me towards the rules that show this?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline CRASHER

• +92/-56
    • View Profile
Re: NXT v. Smackdown v. Raw
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:29:22 AM »
The only time an NXT guy can't pack Raw, SD (or WWF, WCW or ECW cards) is when they use the nXt Allegiance and that restriction is stated on the allegiance card
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline oninodeibbido

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 04:32:37 AM »
Okay thank you, is that in a rules FAQ somewhere. I am wanting to build Alexa Bliss and just want to be certain I can go Raw or Smackdown with her.

Offline CRASHER

• +92/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:42:57 AM »
As long as you're not packing this Allegiance, you're golden:

We Are Not Your Kind
Pre-match Allegiance: NXT
When packing this card you cannot pack Raw, Smackdown, Classic WWF, ECW, WCW, or nWo cards, From NXT to WWE, or NXT Arrival.
Your NXT Mid-match and non-Object NXT Pre-match cards do not take up slots in your Ring.
ACE: When your NXT Mid-match card is unsuccessful, you may discard 2 cards and then put it into your Backlash regardless of other effects.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     NXT logo
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 06:57:36 AM »
Okay thank you, is that in a rules FAQ somewhere. I am wanting to build Alexa Bliss and just want to be certain I can go Raw or Smackdown with her.

It is not in an FAQ (to my knowledge). NXT works like nWo, WCW, ECW, and WWF Classic branding: they're open to any deck so long as another card does not further restrict your building options.

Here is a prior ruling to that effect: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,13665.msg162572.html#msg162572

Think of it in terms of the principle of exclusion: Raw and Smackdown have explicitly been given deck construction restrictions (in that you must pick one or the other or neither), and the absence of a reference to these other brands/allegiances is not an oversight. They were not meant to follow the same rule restrictions as Raw and Smackdown, and the lack of such a rule is the proof of such.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:01:11 AM by MonkeyLord13 »

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +496/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 07:43:10 AM »
Confirmed.  Raw, Smackdown, BASH (and Face/Heel & Fan Favorite/Cheater) have specific restrictions, but the newer logos in Virtual like ECW or NXT do not have them.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard