Author Topic: Bobby Roode question  (Read 513 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Bobby Roode question
« on: September 30, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »
Off the Chain
Backstage Card
During your opponent's turn, when you discard for the Chain trait, your non-hybrid maneuvers without a printed reversal restriction count as 2 cards, and when you have 4- cards in hand, ignore the Chain trait.
You may hide this card to reverse any Unique card and your opponent continues his turn.
Unique     RMS

So this goes on from when you discard for the chain trait during his turn? From the moment of discarding, every one of my turns after that my maneuvers without a reversal restriction counts as two cards and require two reversals?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +51/-42
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Roode question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »
No. The Chain trait requires a player to discard 2 cards in order to play a reversal from their hand or Backlash to the Chain card.

Bobby Roode's non-hybrid maneuvers without a printed reversal restriction, when discarded to pay that cost, count as 2 cards instead of 1.

If his opponent plays Ankle Lock TB, Roode can discard 1 Kick, instead of 2 cards, to play a reversal.

This card does nothing to Roode's cards on his own turn.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 07:16:57 PM »
Oh ok I see. Thanks a lot I totally read that wrong. Can someone give me a scenario where I would use this card as a reversal?

No I Won't Give In, I Won't Give In
Mid-match Reversal: Special
When your opponent has F: 12+, this card is F: 0.
Reverse any card if a card has been put into any Ring this turn.
Your maneuvers without a printed reversal restriction are +3D.
When you play a non-hybrid reversal from hand, you may choose 1: it is D: 0 or it is +3D. Your opponent must overturn 2 cards to put an unsuccessful card into his Ring.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +51/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 10:14:52 PM »
The thing to notice with Give In is that cards that are played are put somewhere when they resolve.

Any played card that resolves to the Ring is put there when it is successful. From that perspective, this card can reverse the second card played on any turn.

However, if your opponent has an effect that directly puts a card into his Ring without playing it (Throw Into the Corner Turnbuckle TB is one of many examples), you can use this on any card played after that card is put there, even if it is the first card played.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:29:09 AM »
Thanks a lot. That was my first thought but I wanted to be sure.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 07:43:26 AM »
Just to be clear: If your opponent plays a Multi card, and you have played 1 applicable reversal to that maneuver already, and that reversal resolves to the ring area, NIWGIIWGI (which may be one of my favorite new acronyms, even if it is almost as long as just saying the whole card name) can then be the second reversal to that same card, right?

Offline CRASHER

• +92/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 08:23:01 AM »
No, the multi move is still the first card played and unresolved
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 10:02:07 AM »
Let me be a little more specific just to make sure I'm speaking clearly.

Opponent plays Overhand Chairshot. 5/5 Multi Strike+Strike. It is the first card he has played this turn. We reach step 5a of its timing breakdown.

I play Elbow to the Face. We proceed through timing on my EttF, and my opponent has no means of invalidating or preventing the play. EttF reaches step 6, is successfully played and enters my Ring Area. We return to 5b of OC's timing breakdown, which is still pending as EttF only serves as a single reversal effect to OC.

So at this point, as I have an opportunity to play or generate a second reversal effect, NIWGIIWGI checks to see if " if a card has been put into any Ring this turn.", it sees my EttF has been put into my Ring, and can now be played.

Or have I seriously mangled the timing breakdown?

Thank you!

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +51/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 02:01:03 PM »
Crasher's thinking of the wording of Cow, Ap Chaki Kick, and the like; this is not worded that way. MonkeyLord13, your analysis is exactly correct.

Once a reversal has resolved to the Ring, a card has been put into a Ring this turn. From that point forward, Give In becomes a valid reversal, even if we are still in the middle of the Multi maneuver's Timing Breakdown.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 08:10:05 AM »
Glorious Spinebuster
Grapple + Grapple / Reversal: Action
As a Counter, when GLORIOUS! is in your Backstage, cannot be reversed from hand.
As a maneuver, when GLORIOUS! is in your Ring, this card is -8F.
When GLORIOUS! is in your Ringside, can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards.
ACE: When your opponent plays a non-Superstar-specific action you may put this card from your Ring on the bottom of your Arsenal and end his turn.
F: 8     D: 8     Unique     Multi

When using the ACE effect of this card what happens to the played Action? Is it deemed successful but doesnt get to use the effect on the card or am I ending his turn after the effect of the Action takes place and damage is applied?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 08:33:05 AM »
Turns can't end with stuff still pending. His Action goes off normally, does its text and damage, and then his turn ends.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 11:48:58 AM »
Does Glorious Dominance interfere with increase the damage of my reversals with No I Wont Give in, I Won't Give In?

Glorious Domination
Action
When your opponent draws for his Draw Segment, you may put this card into your Ring from your hand, Ringside or RFG.
When you put this card into your Ring, you do not discard for his reversal restrictions, and during his next turn your reversals are considered D:0.
When this card is in your Ring and he chooses to end his turn after successfully playing a maneuver, RFG this card.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique

Since my reversals are considered D:0?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +51/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 04:51:57 PM »
"Considered" D:0 is not the same as "are D:0". They will still deal damage, but they become valid reversals to cards that require D:0 reversals.