Author Topic: Aleister black question  (Read 212 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• View Profile
Aleister black question
« on: September 30, 2020, 05:34:03 AM »
No Man is Ever Truly Good... No Man is Ever Truly Evil
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you may pack up to 6 Arsenal Face cards, up to 6 Arsenal Heel cards, up to 6 Arsenal Fan Favorite cards, and up to 6 Arsenal Cheater cards in your Backstage (cards with multiple traits may be packed as any one of them).
When you reveal this card, reveal either all Face and Cheater cards, or all Heel and Fan Favorite cards in your Backstage and shuffle them into your Arsenal.
During your turn, you may reveal all Arsenal cards in your Backstage. Search your hand, Ringside, RFG, and Arsenal for all Face, Heel, Fan Favorite, and Cheater cards and hide them in your Backstage. Then shuffle the revealed cards into your Arsenal and hide this card.
Unique     RMS
V11

What happens to the face, heel, cheater, or fan favorite cards I my have under Sit Right Here and Bide My Time when I switch out my cards for this backstage effect? It only says to search hand, arsenal, rfg, and ringside but says nothing about cards underneath cards.

Offline DebuRaito

• View Profile
Re: Aleister black question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 06:20:56 AM »
To add on to this, I have asked in Discord:

Since Arsenal is not a revealed zone during the search, can Aleister Black declare that none of the named trait cards could be found in his Arsenal, therefore letting those cards escape from the removal?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:55:11 AM by DebuRaito »

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Aleister black question
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
@Kingsantino92: Nothing happens to those cards. Anything you can hide under Bide My Time is safe from Good/Evil's effect.

@DebuRaito: This was answered on the Discord, but to copy over the wall of text for people who aren't on there:

That's an oversight in design. You aren't supposed to be able to fail to find, and we'll be rewording the card to account for that. The new wording will be released on physical cards with V11B, but I'm issuing immediate errata to the card to bring it in line with our intentions. Effective immediately, the card is to be played as follows:

No Man Is Ever Truly Good... No Man Is Ever Truly Evil
Backstage
When packing this card, you may pack up to 6 Arsenal Face cards, up to 6 Arsenal Heel cards, up to 6 Arsenal Fan Favorite cards, and up to 6 Arsenal Cheater cards in your Backstage (cards with multiple traits may be packed as any one of them).
Reveal either all Face and Cheater cards, or all Heel and Fan Favorite cards in your Backstage and shuffle them into your Arsenal.
During your turn, you may reveal your hand, Arsenal, and all Arsenal cards in your Backstage. Hand, Ringside, RFG, and Arsenal Search all Face, Heel, Fan Favorite, and Cheater cards and hide them in your Backstage. Then shuffle any revealed Arsenal cards in your Backstage into your Arsenal and hide this card.
Unique

At the point at which you intend to make the switch, you reveal both relevant hidden information zones (hand and Arsenal) so that your opponent may be sure that you have placed into your Backstage all the cards that are supposed to go there. Then you get the cards that were revealed by the effect shuffled into your Arsenal, and you hide Good/Evil (at which point, your hand and Arsenal are no longer public information.)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.