Author Topic: V11: Undisputed Era Question regarding Superstar cards  (Read 319 times)

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
V11: Undisputed Era Question regarding Superstar cards
« on: September 20, 2020, 09:17:45 AM »
I recognize that with V11 only partly revealed, the answer to this question might be "wait and see", but in the event there isn't a solution waiting to show up on 9/30,

Undisputed Era reads "You may pack [the four Superstars]", but does not specify where you may pack them. Given the move towards streamlining, I can appreciate if the default is that you pack cards where they normally go (which is only in question in this case because of Dude Love, whose ability admittedly specifies that the mankind and cactus Jack as cards go in his arsenal).

But if UE is packing the allowed cards, do they start the game revealed or hidden?

And if an appropriate Superstar card is revealed, do you count as that Superstar for cards like BOOM! that gives a specific benefit if "you are Bobby Fish", as contrasted with Our ERA, which triggers off having Superstar cards revealed?

Again, totally understanding if these are questions that will be answered when the full set is released.

Thank you!

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Re: V11: Undisputed Era Question regarding Superstar cards
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 10:32:13 AM »
You pack them in the Backstage. If they were intended to be packed anywhere else, we would specify, but since they are packed in the normal zone, we did not. Speaking from personal preference only, I would rather not have Superstar cards packed in zones other than the Backstage, but Dude Love was obviously outside my control.

They start the game hidden, and are revealed according to the conditions on either their own Superstar card or on Shock the System.

You are not considered to be any Superstar but the Undisputed Era; you get benefits on cards that say "when X is revealed," but not "when you are X" (unless X is Undisputed Era, of course.)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +496/-369
    • View Profile
Re: V11: Undisputed Era Question regarding Superstar cards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 11:47:08 AM »
Just to chime in, if we said a Superstar 'can pack Brahma Bull', we don't specify where, it defaults to the usual location.  Same applies for Superstar cards, that's all.  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard