Author Topic: Revision Discussion for 2020  (Read 852 times)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Revision Discussion for 2020
« on: September 01, 2020, 07:45:54 PM »
It's that time of year (well, 2 years, since we skipped 2019 haha)!

The list of planned revisions for this year are listed here, feel free to ask questions, bring up any typos or errors we might have made and overlooked, etc.  A lot of these are that kind of situation, minor tweaks and typos, little oversights that made cards not work as intended.  There's a few major changes, though:

* Old School Wrestling Match.  Yup.
* Hometown Hero - a small change to make this card more viable for Superstar's venues and save text in the future.
* Lawler's V1 Pre-match - the man could throw a punch back in the day, now he has some options in that direction
* Sheamus - he wasn't bad, just a hot mess of moving parts that was confusing and didn't 'feel' like Sheamus. He should be more streamlined, and definitely expect some support cards that may raise the bar a bit.
* Eve - lost in the shuffle of 40 Superstars in one set (Ryback: "STUPID!"), her design was too cautious and left her very weak. The adjustments to her ability and upcoming support should make her at least decent, if not competitive.
* Power levels lowered - a few Superstars that seem to be a bit above the grade were toned down, such as Kevin Owens and Texas Rattlesnake. To keep them still competitive but closer to the power levels of other Superstars, only very minor adjustments were made.
* Chain / PRS - to rein in the NPEs of complete hand-destruction, a Shenanigans tweak will give another option when you're under 4 cards in hand.
* Stun the Crowd - on the other end of the spectrum, 3 copies of this card is not as unrealistic as when it was released over 15 years ago, and the hand swing from this + printed SV + other effects like No Escape are overkill. Making StC Active should balance out its usage.

Let the praise and/or fiery complaints begin!  :D

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Is this a typo?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 12:58:50 PM »
Sheamus
Starting Hand Size: 9     Superstar Value: 4
Superstar Ability: Replace the "game" text with "turn" on your Pump Kick cards.
Maneuvers in your Backstage Area can be played, ignoring the Volley trait, and cannot be reversed by hybrid reversals.

Did you mean to write maneuvers in your backstage area can be played "as if from hand"?

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a typo?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »
No, they are played from the Backstage Area, not from hand.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline oninodeibbido

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Why the change that affects Chain on Shenanigans?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 05:49:11 AM »
While I think this might be me bitching, I am less concerned about what was changed, as compared to why.

I just got back into this game, so is Chain really so bad that it had to be drastically altered? If so, what led to this happening?

Looking at the change itself, it looks like every deck for here on out has to run Really, That's Enough Shenanigans, just in case they see a Chain deck.

Is it possible that the revision went too far. I can see that if you only had two cards in hand, without other effects, it would be impossible to reverse from hand. This assumes standard reversal rules. Is it possible to errata the errata to 2- instead of 4-. It just feels like the purpose of Chain hand destruction suddenly became very, meh!

Is there an instance, where a player would want to get rid of his hand instead of overturning, assuming there is no other actions taking place. (i.e. Ego Boost, etc?)

Dave

Online CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Why the change that affects Chain on Shenanigans?
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 06:08:05 AM »
Heat and Blindside decks are ok with discarding cards for that

some decks like Shayna don't mind discarding their reference cards (she can play chokes from ringside), Samoa Joe can discard moves to put them under his backstage ....ironically to play them as chain moves, but these are exceptions as opposed to the rule
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Revision Discussion for 2020
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 06:35:18 AM »
Moved post about Revisions to the discussion topic for Revisions.

CREED

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 10:34:58 PM »
When can we expect the revisions to be finalized and added to the pdfs?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 10:54:56 PM »
The plan is for revisions to be available for print at the same time as V11A, which is intended for release on 9/30.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 10:10:06 AM »
Besides fixing some typos or minor errors etc, there's a couple of fixes to address:

* It's a Shame/Lost Their Heads -  Unfortunately, the lobster heads card doesn't say where to shuffle from!  We'll fix that.
* The Great White - The ACE wasn't written well and no one ever noticed! It'll be fixed to 'once per turn' and the recovery is double the number of Pump Kicks shuffled in.
* Jim Cornette - the 'overturn for Chain' effect isn't needed now, and the conditions for making his actions chain is being refined to reduce abuse

As noted, these should go into effect with the release of the V11A, slated for the end of September.

CREED
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 10:23:25 AM by CreedP »

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
These are now live and available for download:

2020 Revisions

Part 1: (.doc/.pdf)
Part 2: (.doc/.pdf)

CREED