Author Topic: Rene Dupree Question  (Read 162 times)

Offline DePal90

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rene Dupree Question
« on: August 23, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »
Can Rene Dupree pack original versions and throwback versions of the same card?  For example, can Rene pack a Fans Love an Underdog and the throwback version?

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Re: Rene Dupree Question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 07:26:29 PM »
No. It's similar to the rules for the Unique trait; if you have a card, like the Patented Rock Footstomp, where one version is Unique and the other is not, then packing a copy of the Unique one forbids you from packing the non-Unique version, in any amount. Same goes here: if Rene has one copy of Sidewalk Slam TB in his deck, he may not pack any copies of Sidewalk Slam OG.

It does not give his cards the Unique trait (which is important for some reversals and a handful of other cards), but it functions the same way.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:05 AM »
Now you confused me, as neither copy of sidewalk slam is unique (og and tb).  I thought in that case you could pack up to 3 copies and mix and match however you pleased to get to 3 total?  Thanks.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:57 AM »
You asked about Rene, who does NOT get 3 copies of anything.  :D

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 07:01:00 AM »
Actually, I did not ask. But you are correct, as I did not have Rene's ability in front of me.  Thanks and oops, sorry!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 07:03:26 AM »
You, as in 'all of you people posting here', yeah that's what I meant, haha

To recap - yes, normally you can mix and match non-Unique original and Throwback cards, pack 1 Sidewalk Slam OG (ew, that card is terrible, haha) and 2 Sidewalk Throwbacks.

But Throwback/Original doesn't get around Rene's ability, he could still only have one card with that title.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard