Author Topic: Question ob obtainment of certain virtual cards  (Read 628 times)

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
Question ob obtainment of certain virtual cards
« on: July 22, 2020, 06:38:37 PM »
So as many know by now Velacards and virtual is a thing of the past. I have done quite a bit of business with them and some of the cards i had ordered for print were those of special Superstar cards that were done for various Cons an example would be the Sting SS card with skulls background. My question is i have not seen these cards for print anywhere unless im missing something. Are these special superstar cards available for download anywhere to print or did i miss my chance?

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Question ob obtainment of certain virtual cards
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »
Are you in the discord? There is a channel just for ordering professionally made cards.

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 06:33:30 PM »
So I am not on discord, but I have no idea where the alt image susperstar cards are for sting, ultimate warrior, etc, or the alt image cards that were used at the acmt, or gen con, or other tourneys.

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 09:16:29 AM »
Yeah i don't have discord either. Starting to look like nobody has the files :(

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »
Hmm, I thought I'd posted those years ago on here.  Checking the Download Information section, there's only some of them available.  Let me see what I can do.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
These have been uploaded and added to the Download Information, but here's the links for the two sets of alternate Superstars I found:

2014 Alternate Art Superstars: (.doc/.pdf)
2016 Alternate Art Superstars: (.doc/.pdf)

NOTE: These were convention promos and tournament prize 'throw ins', but have not been updated for any Revisions since their creation.

CREED
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:27:22 PM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline venom58913

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »
What about the virtual prize cards like the discs championship we can't get anywhere else since vela stopped the sale.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »
I've noted this on Discord, heh, but we did some alternate versions of the prize cards a while back.  However, it was not all of them, and I'm working (as time permits) on more alternate versions for the rest.  I'll post when they're ready, of course.

The actual prize cards were just that - tournament prizes. They were never intended to be sold to the general public, any more than the original Comic Images prizes were ever publicly sold, heh.

CREED

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »
Thank you so much for that Creed.  Those were definitely the superstars that were missing.  Is there any chance we will get the alternate versions of the gencon/origins/worlds/acmt promo cards like this card that was sold on vela?  Again thanks for the start with the superstar cards!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 07:54:54 PM »
Probably not, those were meant to be convention exclusives, I wasn't aware they were for sale.

Ah well, they were up for a few years, I'd guess.  Done is done.

CREED

Offline venom58913

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »
Love to see if you come out with like a survivor series Divas Championship it would be super fun to see.

Offline venom58913

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 09:16:30 PM »
Do you have Aj Lee's Alternate Superstar Card?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 09:27:30 PM »
Just to be clear, this isn't a request thread, just supplying some images and information.

CREED

Offline venom58913

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
And i am just being curious CreedP it isn't like i can go onto Vela and buy AJ Lee's Alternate Superstar Card. 

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 11:05:24 PM »
I was hoping there'd be a bit more appreciation here, rather than people getting more demanding.

Going to lock this before it gets uglier.  Enjoy, or don't, whatever.

EDIT:  Ah, I misunderstood - I thought this was a request for an AJ Lee alt, I'd forgotten there was one made 4 years ago.  Also, one of the links was in error, this is corrected. And since Warrior was in both files, he was replace in the 2016 file with AJ Lee. That should take care of it for now.

Sorry about that, I'm trying to wrap up several things before bed, and this all just came off the wrong way.

CREED
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:43:47 PM by CreedP »

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
Hmm, I thought I'd posted those years ago on here.  Checking the Download Information section, there's only some of them available.  Let me see what I can do.

CREED

Thanks for adding those to the files.