Author Topic: The Texas Rattlesnake (OTCGN King of TCO Winner)  (Read 357 times)

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
The Texas Rattlesnake (OTCGN King of TCO Winner)
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:22:28 PM »
Here is my list that won the recent tournament on OTCGN. Ill go section by section to give a little breakdown of why I pack what I do. Overall, a pretty simple deck, simple engine, but very effective. Not playing the game in over a year, that was the goal of my build so I could focus on knowing what my opponent is trying to do over running my own deck.

Backstage
1x Enough Shenanigans!
1x Hometown Hero
1x Legendary Defense
1x Raw Deal Tenth Anniversary
1x Celebrity Shenanigans
1x Defeating Villainous Shenanigans
1x Nostalgia Shenanigans
1x No More Shenanigans
1x Old School Shenanigans
1x Really, That's Enough Shenanigans
1x Tough Enough Head Trainer
1x The Texas Rattlesnake
1x The New Legends of the WWE

Backstage is pretty basic. Being a legend, I love Legendary Defense. Cards like that that revive older cards always peak my interest TBH (hint hint wink wink Dev team ;)). Hometown Hero is only a just in case pack. For the most part, TTRS is starting the prematch at 7 SSV, but there are a few out there that can beat it. I do not play 5th Anniversary. IMO its not worth it for my build because I could walk into a Backstage Shenanigans, and I can still benefit from 10ths extra effect without it. The rest are Shenanigans, and his Backstage Cards. TTRS has one of the best specific backstage cards, being able to throw his moves like Elbow Smash and Stomp a Mudhole as a counter. He also counters cards like Undermine with it to protect his board state (GAME CHANGER).

Backlash Deck
Pre:
1x Product Endorsements
1x The Heenan Family
1x Madison Square Garden, New York City
1x WWE World Heavyweight Title Belts
1x WrestleMania
1x Not On My Broadcast
1x Bitter Rivals
1x Playing By the Rules
1x Old School Psychology
1x Through All of These Years
1x Making Your Escape

Prematch is also pretty basic for me and my normal legends builds. The Venue is a must, which is why I have Hometown just in case. I need it for WM. Bitter Rivals is the next must, to protect me going first in the prematch. Also since I'm usually higher SSV, I prevent belt shenanigans. For events, I always start with Product Endorsements. Almost always gets my opponent down to a 0 SSV, which of course is huge in a WM deck. Old School Psych is just for the extra discard. Heenan Family I believe is auto pack in all Legendary Defense decks. Since Frankie is a no go since it kills Legendary Defense, I always want to have something to protect from plunge. It is also great in Face decks with Playing by the Rules since I can still plunge my own Face reversals. Through All These Years is also a just in case type pack. Since it can also be popped on my turn, and not just in a pin fall situation it works out. Its also nice back up in case I am pinned on my own turn and WM is reversed. PLaying By the Rules TB is pretty self explanatory, usually a must pack in all Face decks. Not On My Broadcast TB is one of my favorite cards too as it can slow some decks down. Being able to nuke cards from their ring if they lose track of what they've played is always a nice surprise, and again, it slows down those that know its there. Making Your Escape is a nice just in case pack too. The Belt, when thinking about it may be useless...I play it in there in case I am not first, and avoid them using Product Endorsements on me to nuke my SSV. The situation almost rarely comes up. I've considered swapping in Ruthless Aggression TB to get around turn ending effects (mainly Its Showtime!)

I will say this about my prematch that some would appreciate. It is quick! Helps speed up some prematch phases that can seem to drag.....

Mid:
1x And That's the Bottom Line ...
1x Flawless Transition
3x Ready to Fight
1x Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp
1x For the Love of The Game
1x This Is Going to be an Old School Brawl!
1x Restricted Use in This Area
1x Victory Roll
1x Turning Everything Upside Down
1x The Road to Victory
1x Living the Good Life

Midmatch was probably the weakest part of my build because there were some misses and I hardly used it. I pack my standard reversals: Reach/Grasp, Old School Brawl, Restricted Use, Turning Things Upside Down, and RTV. After those and my specific, R2F is pretty common in most of my decks. It is one of the best Mid Match cards in the game, especially since the revision to Old School Cage Match. Flawless Transition seems to be one of the best ways to start with Fortitude. I usually try to pair it with Ankle Lock TB to generate my discard, but will play it with anything I need to get on the board. Living the Good Life is usually something I only use late game to try and set up my hand, as well as recur a little more. Victory Roll is probably my favorite card that I never got to use, though after the fact I found out there were actually 2 times I could've. The biggest reason its there is for post WM. With my ability, I can get my opponent to a 0 hand, and I generally try and use either R2F or Living the Good Life to grab a Precision Kick...and hope it goes through. With 0 in hand, its almost guaranteed to go through and my hope is I've already burned through their DBag or Carlito to combo into a Victory Roll. I can also use midgame if I've clawed through their hand already, but it can be a little more stressful getting to it depending on what reversals I've burned through already. For the love of the game is only a midmatch for me play wise. I usually block belts, so dont get it in the prematch, so it's a nice card to help out if I fall behind. That's why it's in Mid, even though it's my 12th pre.

Some changes I've considered are possibly removing 1x R2F for a Shoot Counter. Even though I only have 2 shoot cards in the deck, it's still hits the board enough for Counter to be usable.

Arsenal
1x Legendary Ruthlessness
1x The Maneuver of Doom
1x The Raw Deal Revolution
1x Unintended CONsequences
1x Here Comes the Cavalry!
2x Volley This!
2x Precision Kick
1x I've Got One Thing To Say About That!
1x Escape Move
1x Breaking Ground
1x Break the Hold
3x Sloppy ... Very Sloppy
1x Step Aside
1x Divine Intervention
1x Olé!
3x Once is Enough
1x You Missed Your Chance
1x Carlito Says 'That's Not Cool!'
1x Hold the Phone!
3x Get the 'F' Out!
3x Don't Try This at Home
1x Back Throw
1x In My Day, a Maneuver Was a Maneuver
1x Armageddon
1x Out of Nowhere
1x Don't be a Douchebag!
1x Don't Trust Nobody
2x Shoot Lock-up
1x Stomp a Mudhole...
1x Austin Elbow Smash
2x Pendulum Back Breaker
2x Atomic Driver
2x German Suplex
2x Leaping DDT
1x Double Digits
1x Tough Enough
3x Quick Snap Body Slam
2x Scoop Slam
3x Ankle Lock
1x Stone Cold Stunner

I already kind of summed up my Arsenal at the very start. Very simple and easy to pilot to allow me to focus on the opponent. Chain is a natural fit with TTRS, though he really can go in any direction. I always throw in a couple Shoot Lock Ups and German TB because...they are still extremely powerful and good comeback cards. Precision Kick is in there for the already mentioned combo with Victory Roll. I go heavy on the unique reversals, as I already mentioned above, to go with Heenan. Other than that, pretty basic build.

Not sure what else to say. Don't think there is any special tech. I ran TTRS at Funkcon a couple years ago, and this build was a result of a lot of lessons learned that day. At this point, not a whole lot else to improve on so I will probably put it away and move on. If anyone has any questions on the build, shoot! I love to discuss this game, and I won't take any offense to any critics.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:12:07 PM by niiiiick »