Author Topic: Backlash deck question  (Read 361 times)

Offline Aggressor

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Backlash deck question
« on: June 22, 2020, 09:05:14 AM »
Hi everyone, I hope you are ok due to covid-19. With some friends are playing Raw Deal online via Cockatrice, and one of them is making the cards. We are playing from the very beginning and now we are in Backlash edition, but we can´t remember the number of cards the backlash deck can pack and how many card you can play in THAT edition. Do you remember? Was 8 the number of each one (pre and mid) in the backlash deck and 4 the number you can play?

Greetings to everyone from Chile! Hope you can help me.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Backlash deck question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally it was play 3/3 pack 6/6.  It expanded from 3/3 to 4/4 later with either Managers or Stipulations, I don't recall when though.  The jump to 5/5 came with Venues in Vengeance, though.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Aggressor

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:04:55 PM »
Originally it was play 3/3 pack 6/6.  It expanded from 3/3 to 4/4 later with either Managers or Stipulations, I don't recall when though.  The jump to 5/5 came with Venues in Vengeance, though.

CREED

Thanks Creed!

Offline The_Wall

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 03:17:47 AM »
To back up Creed:

Backlash introduced Backlash decks and started with pack 6/6 and play 3/3, also revising title belts (that had been around since Premiere) to now be Pre-Match Objects.

Mania introduced Stipulations and changed the Pre-match order to Stipulations > Events / Objects. The pack and play remained unchanged, as can be seen on Four Corners Match that required the extra slot text in order for the Touch Turnbuckle win condition to even function. Also, Hell in a Cell Match + Calling You Out + Old School Wrestling Match was the default "screw this phase" option.

Summerslam introduced Feuds and Managers and with those the Pre-match structure became Feud > Stipulation > Manager > Events / Objects, and the Backlash deck was changed to pack 8/8 and play 4/4.

Vengeance introduced Venues, including the concept of universally active, changing the Pre-match structure to Venue > Feud > Stipulation > Manager > Events / Objects, and the Backlash deck was changed to pack 10/10 and play 5/5. It also introduced the Backstage Area to clarify enforcers and Goldberg's ability and things, with the first Backstage Signature cards becoming available.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:49:46 AM by The_Wall »

Offline BigPimpin

• +278/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 05:24:57 AM »
Summerslam introduced Managers and with those the Pre-match structure became Stipulation > Manager > Events / Objects, and the Backlash deck was changed to pack 8/8 and play 4/4.

Velocity introduced Feuds and changed the Pre-match structure to Feud > Stipulation > Manager > Events / Objects, but the Backlash deck remained the same.

I'm a bit confused by this.  I started playing between Summerslam and Velocity, and feuds were definitely a thing when I started playing.  Also, Summerslam is when every Premier superstar got their special feuds (Ex. Do You Know What My Watch Says?).  Velocity may have contained the first-ever non-Superstar-specific feud, but the Feud phase existed before that.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline The_Wall

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 11:52:19 AM »
Sorry, data entry error! Summerslam did indeed introduce feuds as well as managers. I have edited my comment.