Author Topic: The Cutting Room Floor  (Read 2966 times)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: The Cutting Room Floor
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
Just a small bit today, an idea that totally money!

Cuz it was... Money   :laugh:

I did an interview today for Velacards about Virtual 1 (or Revolution 4, originally) discussing some of the ideas we had, how concepts would be translated into cards. Ideas such as a Stable, or how using a Ladder as a Foreign Object should work... one of these was the idea of Money as a card.  We had some ideas on how it would be implemented:

* JBL should have it
* MVP could have it as the "highest-paid athlete on Smackdown"
* McMahons should definitely have Money!
* DiBiase could have 5 because of his theme music, haha
* Cryme Tyme could steal someone's Money
* Perhaps somehow Cardboard Currency could be used in its place, finally giving that card an in-game purpose

However, we couldn't figure out what a Money card should actually DO.  What would it buy?  A crooked referee, or hiring someone to attack your opponent, or some other disruptive secondary function - we never did land on anything that sounded worth making. Usually all the money in the world won't save you from your opponent in the ring, a rich man can get Stunnered or speared out of his boots just as well as a poor man!

So sadly, we never did find a function for it, so no card image was ever designed. (An obvious picture choice would be Drew Carey offering money to Kane, though)

Could it be used today?  Of course, who can't use Money!  ;D  But more than likely it works best as thematic mentions for specific Superstars, rather than an actual game mechanic. So keep your Money, and try not to leave it on the (Cutting Room) Floor, haha.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
Re: The Cutting Room Floor
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »
Apologies for the late reply, I still have never adjusted to surfing the internet on my phone. Those macgruber skits were amazing. I'm happy to see that they almost live on in card form. I don't quite understand what they were supposed to do, but that's probably why I've never won a tournament match. The money Concepts sounds kinda neat oh, but I definitely agree with the logic that it would be difficult to know what to do with. It's kind of like a king of the Ring card. It would be cool to have it for all the winners of King of the Ring, but I'm not sure what it would do unless it were a very generic something like shuffle for Cards into the Arsenal
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika