Author Topic: JBL's new motto: Work Harder, Work Smarter, Go Extreme  (Read 482 times)

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
JBL's new motto: Work Harder, Work Smarter, Go Extreme
« on: May 26, 2020, 07:22:21 PM »
**Edited the remarks after correction from Deburaito and Dilbert. Thanks for the clarification! Luckily the deck still works.

Backstage
JBL
Ten Gallon Hat - Depending on which stage of the game you are at, might be picking up Boot Lace for starting fort or Kitchen Sink if all 3 are in RSP
Backed by The Cabinet - Only use when its a big move or when you know you are out of reversals

Pre-match (12)
Don't Question the Fire That Burns Inside - To get double the number for ECW Title TB
JBL's Limo - To search for Pump Kick and Revo/Douche, depending on situation. If you can foresee you won't start first, then don't even search for pump kick
Bitter Rivals - Play only if you have lower SSV, objective is to pull off the Undisputed Title TB so you have enough slots to play tour other Pre-match cards
First Blood Match - To make Kitchen Sink ++ a threat for them to reverse
Orlando Jordan: Chief of Staff - Key card in the deck to deal compulsory 3 'damage' to opponent every turn
WWE Undisputed Heavyweight Title Belt - Makes your specific Pre and Mid not take up slots. JBL has 3, so this is important
ECW Championship Belt TB - TB version so I can get lesser damage. Added damage is not very important to the deck since in the long run, I don't need to deal a lot of damage if his hand has more cards than arsenal.
The Champ Is Here!
One of the Big Boys - Non-unique reversals to FOs deal 1D
Armageddon Is Upon Us
ECW One Night Stand - Most cases I don't care about opponent's hand so I will shuffle then draw
For the Love of The Game - For discarding or as an action when desperate

Mid-match (12)
You're as Graceful as a Cow on Ice
Backlash!
Introduce Your Brain to Your Mouth...
The Road to Victory
Restricted Use in This Area
Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp
The King Interferes!
Sustain Damage - Discard FOs to play with Kitchen Sink
Immune to Pain TB - Additional -D with ECW Title TB
I Am a Wrestling God
Panic Throw x2

Maneuver (24)
Armed and Dangerous x3
Table
Take Your Own Medicine x2
Everything and the Kitchen Sink x3
Struck by a Kendo Stick TB x3
Garbage Can Lid TB x2 - Goes well with Kitchen Sink as the ACE is a helpful reversal
Trash Can TB
Boot Lace x3
German Suplex x2
Shoot Lock-up x3
Pump Kick

Action (3)
Everybody's Got a Price
Getting a 418 Energy Boost!
Here Comes the Cavalry!

Reversal (33)
A Revolution of the Mind x3
Elbow to the Face x2
Get the 'F' Out! x2
Once is Enough x3
Sloppy ... Very Sloppy x3
Volley This! x2
No Chance in Hell! TB x2
You Forgot About Orlando Jordan...
Divine Intervention
Don't be a Douchebag!
Carlito Says 'That's Not Cool!'
Breaking Ground
Back Throw
You Missed Your Chance
Sidewalk Slam
Hold the Phone!
Don't Try This at Home x2
JBL's Clothesline from Hell
Work Harder, Work Smarter
I Am Who I Say I Am x3

Overall Remarks
JBL got nerfed pretty bad due to his insane drawing ability, especially with all the uniques in VC going on. Worst still, he doesn't get the usual compensation of Drawing a Blank for superstars with Blank ability. That said, his Pre-match support (Orlando and Limo) are really strong and can be put to good use.

While Limo grabs you your starting Pump Kick and reversal, Orlando is the key card to this deck as its forcing opponent to draw a compulsory 3 cards, meaning its 3 less cards in his arsenal.reusable to pick up reversed cards with the potential to draw out opponent if they are not conscious about it. But as corrected by Deburaito and Dilbert, it is their option to draw up to 3. To make sure he plays the reversals regularly, Foreign Object seemed like the correct tech to use, using Kitchen Sink as bait AND to deal damage. First Blood match would force my opponent to keep reversing my FOs so I can keep using Orlando's effect.

Starting fortitude is either from Pump Kick, or to keep hitting Armed and Dangerous with Panic or FtLotG till they stick. Along the way, Boot Lace and German Suplex TB should get you to the correct fortitude to start playing Kitchen Sink.

Alittle wonky on getting my starting fortitude, but from there it should be ok. Also have to find out a good way to pluck Sustained Damage.

Key card texts:
Orlando Jordan: Chief of Staff
Pre-match Manager
When this card is in your Ring area, if your opponent reverses a card from his hand or Backlash deck, you may put this card into your Ringside pile and then put the reversed card into your hand instead of your Ringside pile.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may allow your opponent to draw 3 cards and then put this card into your Ring area.
¶ ¶ ¶ (Activated Card Effect Symbol)
Unique
F: 0      D: 0

Everything and the Kitchen Sink
Strike: Foreign Object: Face
When played, choose up to 2 Foreign Object maneuvers in your Ringside pile not titled Everything and the Kitchen Sink. Those maneuvers are considered played from your hand and are played in the order of your choice after this card. Resolve each card's effects and damage before the next card is considered played. After all of these cards have been played, if any have been reversed, your turn ends.
SV: 1
F: 14    D: 6
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:01:00 AM by Keith0913832 »

Offline DebuRaito

• View Profile
Re: JBL's new motto: Work Harder, Work Smarter, Go Extreme
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 02:23:18 AM »
The draw 3 from Orlando isn’t mandatory, so it’s not a guaranteed 3 damage.
On the other hand, try working with sucker punch Tb if pump kick isn’t going your way, even if they reverse your Orlando ace, you still get a volley lock on them and throwing multi every turn is probably better than throwing single FO.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 05:20:53 AM »
*updated the card texts for reference.

The draw 3 from Orlando isn’t mandatory, so it’s not a guaranteed 3 damage.
On the other hand, try working with sucker punch Tb if pump kick isn’t going your way, even if they reverse your Orlando ace, you still get a volley lock on them and throwing multi every turn is probably better than throwing single FO.

Good call for Suck Punch TB. Its probably #RawDealLogic, but just curious why it is not mandatory. Is 'allow' the reason why opponent can choose not to draw?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 05:48:28 AM »
Not so much Raw Deal Logic; that's just what the phrase means. Allowing a player to do something, by definition, involves giving them the choice to do it or not. It's intended as a cost you're paying to get Orlando back, not a clock to help kill your opponent. If the effect was mandatory, it would say "When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may put this card into your Ring area and your opponent draws 3 cards."
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:01:48 AM »
ok I've edited the remarks. Luckily, it doesn't change the construct of the deck.