Author Topic: Eric Bischoff's Tribute to Howard Finkel  (Read 507 times)

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Eric Bischoff's Tribute to Howard Finkel
« on: May 24, 2020, 08:36:57 PM »
Backstage
Eric Bischoff
Controversy Creates Cash - Always grab Karate Kick with Eric's ability and put it under
The People's Champ, The Big Freak'n Machine, or The Game? - Start with BFM, use Kick's effect as first card to change to Finkel
Coach, Cole, or Finkel?

Pre-match (12) (Play all the cards with Asterisk in order. You should have 2 more free slots to play whatever you want.)
nWo T-Shirt* - Mainly to trigger Managed by Eric to protect Backed by Eric as you would be removing cards often
Madison Square Garden, New York City* - Gets you +1HS and +1SSV for No Way Out for free
Trash Talkin' Interview* - Pluck any action reversals, but keep Douche, Carlito, You Missed Your Chance in his hand so he has less chance of overturning for your non-dmg effects
Managed by Eric Bischoff TB*
No Way Out TB* - Main card to generate damage
Survey Time! Who's Here to See The n...W...o...?*
Ruthless Aggression*
For the Love of The Game x3 - Free fortitude if he plays title belts + Champ is Here
Again With This Crap?!?!? - You can replace this with anything else, only 4 slots taken so far
Special Guest Referee- You can replace this with anything else, only 4 slots taken so far

Mid-match (12)
Turning Everything Upside Down - Unique replacement for Cow on Ice
Backlash!
The Road to Victory
Restricted Use in This Area
nWo Reinforcements Have Arrived!
Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp
Undermine the Competition
Dirty Low Blow TB
The King Interferes!
Shoot Counter
The Sex, the Gods, the Freaks, the Frauds x2 - for recovering RFG cards

Maneuvers (7)
Uncle Eric's Karate Kick
Back Leg Front Kick
Thrust Knee Lift x2 - for discarding purposes for Finkel's ability
Steel Chain Shot TB x3 - for discarding purposes for Finkel's ability

Actions 24
Technical Bear Hug x2 - for infinite recovery of RFG cards rather than playing as maneuver
Shoot Action x3 - For dealing dmg
Inferno Match x2 - for additional overturn if he plays reversals to your easily reversed actions
Take One Second - to build fortitude and lure out GTFO/OiE for Shoot Action
Backed by Eric Bischoff x2 - protected by Managed by Eric TB
I Can't Be Reading This Right... x3 - for discarding purposes for Finkel's ability
When Kurt Met Christy - To trigger Steel Chain Shot TB back to hand
Out Think the Fink x3 - What's a Finkel deck without Out Think the Fink!
Here Comes the Cavalry!
Commission-er Rules! TB
Roll Out of the Ring x2
nWo Comes to Ringside
The Inmates Aren't Running My Asylum
Two-Time! Two-Time!

Reversals (29)
A Revolution of the Mind x3
Elbow to the Face x2
Manager Interferes x3
Get the 'F' Out! x3
One Issue On My Mind x3
Volley This! x2
Divine Intervention
Don't be a Douchebag!
Carlito Says 'That's Not Cool!'
Back Throw
You Missed Your Chance
Sidewalk Slam TB
Hold the Phone!
Don't Try This at Home x2
Master Manipulator
Shocking Interference
Breaking Ground - to get your some fortitude
Counter Strike - to get your some fortitude

Overall Remarks
The idea was to have a milling deck with Finkel's ability as pivot. To work off that, No Way Out was the best PPV card to do the job but that also risks you might end your turn without even having draw segment if he overturns a reversal for NWO. To avoid walking into countless overturns from Old School Wrestling Match TB, Eric Bischoff was chosen since his opponent cannot play Stipulations. And since he can't play OSWM TB, technically I don't need to run maneuvers, so majority of the deck are actions, and the only other maneuver you might play is his TMF. And since he can't pack Stipulations, I can focus on packing cards like Thrust Knee Lift and I Can't be Reading this Right.

The idea is to start with Karate Kick protected by BFM's ability. Using the text for Karate Kick you can switch the enforcer to Finkel and that is where you discard your Thrust Knee Lifts, Steel Chain Shot TBs and I can't be Reading this Right. With NWO, each turn your opponent's deck gets 4 less cards. Inferno Match OG is packed so even when he plays reversals, he gets more overturns. The purpose of the other actions are stated, but the main gist of the deck is just to mill out your opponent slowly. Your handsize would be very small throughout the game and you'll be behind fortitude, so Undermine your Competition is extremely good for Eric.

To win the game, just seat behind NWO and Finkel's ability to deal consistent damage. To me, the way to overpower this deck is just to go super aggro against it before the damage starts to pile up. NWO's effect can be reversed, but Finkel's ability can't.

What other weaknesses or improvements do you have in mind for this deck?

Key card texts for reference:

Raw GM Eric Bischoff
Starting Hand Size: 0+     Superstar Value: 1+
GM Superstar Ability:  You cannot pack any card with the word "McMahon" in the title. You may pack Enforcers in your Backstage area. Reveal any number of Raw Enforcer cards and choose 1 Enforcer, then search your Arsenal for 1 card with the Raw logo, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal. Your non-GM opponents cannot play Stipulation cards.
ARUS, SS3

Controversy Creates Cash
Backstage Card
When packing this card, your One Issue On My Mind cards are not Cheater.
You may put 1 card in your hand under this card; if you do not, put the top card of your Arsenal under this card instead.  Once during each of your turns, you may put 1 card from your hand under this card, and then you may discard 3 cards from your hand to switch to a new Enforcer.
Once during each of your turns, you may exchange 1 card under this card with 1 card in your hand.
Unique     RMS logo     nWo logo
V1

Uncle Eric's Karate Kick
Strike + Strike / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -5F, you may put 1 non-unique card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
As a reversal, reverse any non-unique Mid-match card and end your opponent's turn.
When successfully played, you may choose 1 different Enforcer.
F: 5     D: 5     Unique     Multi     RAW logo
UNF

Back Leg Front Kick
Trademark Finisher
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver, or when you have greater Raw cards in Ring.
When this card is unsuccessfully played, you may discard 2 cards and then put it back in your hand instead.
F: 20     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique     RAW logo     nWo logo
V3

One Issue On My Mind
Reversal: Action
Reverse any Action card and end your opponent's turn. Search your Arsenal for 1 Unique card, reveal it to him, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 1     D: 1     Cheater logo
NWO

Coach, Cole, or Finkel?
Enforcer
Can only be revealed if your Superstar card says you can reveal an Enforcer card. Can be revealed by any GM Superstar.
•      Starting Hand Size: +4
   Superstar Value: +0
Superstar Ability: + Once during each of your turns you may discard 1 card and then your opponent names a card and then you name a card. The named cards cannot be played for the rest of the turn.
•      Starting Hand Size: +5
Superstar Ability: + Once during each of your turns you may discard 2 cards and then name a card, look at your opponent's hand, choose 1 card you named, and he discards the chosen card.
•      Starting Hand Size: +6
Superstar Ability: + Once during each of your turns you may discard 2 cards and then your opponent names a card. Reveal the top card of his Arsenal. If it is the card he named, he puts it into his hand. If it is not, put it into his Ringside pile and he overturns 2 cards.

No Way Out
Pre-match Pay-Per-View Event
Before every Draw Segment, all players overturn 1 card.
Throwback
Unique
F: 0 D: 0

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Bischoff's Tribute to Howard Finkel
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 12:14:57 AM »
Evening Up The Odds in the Pre might be a consideration to help with your hand.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 01:01:55 AM »
The hand wasn't really the concern because 1 more card in hand only equals 1 less card in arsenal.
If any, the more impt part to fix would be recovery.

Also, who else would be good to play Finkel with?

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 01:10:30 AM »
The hand wasn't really the concern because 1 more card in hand only equals 1 less card in arsenal.

Teddy Long (playa) or Steph. Anyone else and you risk more chances of running into OSWM TB which will kill you.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 07:16:45 PM »
A couple of judo choke tb & playing possum always helps in a milling deck.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 07:38:56 PM »
Thought about Judo Chokes before but I didn't have a safe way of getting them in. Didn't want to divert opponent's reversals to suddenly maneuvers too. But I might consider adding Possum since its action and aligns with the deck.

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +52/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »
I’d add Dirty Taker, since his reversal can search for it. I personally ran Back Body Drops and 3 set-ups in my No Way Out decks, that way it always kept 6 cards in my arsenal (with Thrust Knee Lift). Man, this decks reminds me of the Classic days.

Re Judo Chokes - maybe use The Games ability to put them on top of arsenal then use a turning The Match Upside Down?

Offline darkdestiny91

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 08:27:42 AM »

Think of it this way too: if your opponent gets low hand, they might want to draw. And that means 1 less card in their arsenal. Would pair this up with some Spit At Opponent and maybe some other heel actions to maybe add a Abraham Washington Show too?

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 09:06:28 AM »

Teddy Long (playa) or Steph. Anyone else and you risk more chances of running into OSWM TB which will kill you.

Considered, but BFM + Karate Kick = instant change of enforcer and 5F. the others can't do both at the same time.

I’d add Dirty Taker, since his reversal can search for it. I personally ran Back Body Drops and 3 set-ups in my No Way Out decks, that way it always kept 6 cards in my arsenal (with Thrust Knee Lift). Man, this decks reminds me of the Classic days.

Re Judo Chokes - maybe use The Games ability to put them on top of arsenal then use a turning The Match Upside Down?

Like the idea of Judo Choke. changing enforcers isn't an issue for Eric since his backstage allows him to do so.

Think of it this way too: if your opponent gets low hand, they might want to draw. And that means 1 less card in their arsenal. Would pair this up with some Spit At Opponent and maybe some other heel actions to maybe add a Abraham Washington Show too?

Contemplated about that, but I would rather them having cards stuck in hand without any use, rather than being able to discard and find a recovery engine. But that could be another variant of the deck. I feel that idea isn't far off if it went with the Kane ability, so it frees up the space used for discarding in replacement for the heel cards that can cause discard.