Author Topic: Back to Basics Dolph Ziggler  (Read 253 times)

Online Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +52/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Back to Basics Dolph Ziggler
« on: May 20, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »
Back 2 Basics Ziggler

Pre-match – Play them all

McMahonsim – Each of Dolph’s moves have printed stun, and each B2B move can add stun with Showoff. I can either draw cards for stun or recover cards with Dolph’s ability, depending on game state.
Dubuque – Dolph recovers actions and moves nicely, Dubuque is used to recover reversals.
B2B – Packing 13 moves under it.
Old School Cage Match – I prefer this over OSWM. Can be equally disruptive, plus give +3 prematch slots.
Old School Manager – Free slot, can be flipped with Record Scratch.
Old School Psych x3 – The key to destroying opponents hand.
Old School Antics x2 – Free slots, they only recover 1, but can be flipped with Record Scratch.
Old School Belt – If it sees play, it’s the key to getting on board.
Old School Donnybrook - Wrecks any hand set up. Keep an Oversell.

Midmatch
Sustained Damage – Great when combo’ed with Oversell and Stealing the Show.
Don’t Cross a McMahon – Backlash deck action reversal often catches opponents off-guard.
Teaser Mode – Can search for Face the Music or Feeling Lucky (or opponent can RTV it if they want to discard 3) Makes Face the Music playable at 0F too.
Number One Contender – A lot of belts in virtual. Search for any card can be amazing. Late game, can grab Dolph’s Leaping DDT that reverses ANY card for 10D.
King Interferes – Dolphs specifics are not Smackdown, so this deck is technically Raw branded.

Arsenal Notes
I’m not packing Elbow to the Face because I want to oversell everything I can so opponent has to discard more (1 for each oversell in ring). Willing to take suggestions on other holes you may see, this is first draft.

Strategy
Destroy the opponent’s hand ASAP. 3x Ring Psych limits their mid-match options, but once you have 2-3 Oversell in ring, basically your moves become chain, where the opponent MUST discard cards to play reversals from hand or backlash. Build your hand by drawing stun and stacking what you draw with McMahonism.

Known Weaknesses
Heat decks (headstrong and action reversals from ringside)
Managed by Vince/Bitter Rivals (or other cards that get rid of the belt)

I really enjoy this deck in the 3 games I've played. Not sure how much fun it is for opponent once their hand is gone though…

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Basics Dolph Ziggler
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
I really enjoy this deck in the 3 games I've played. Not sure how much fun it is for opponent once their hand is gone though…

None. New Dolph is not fun to play against haha
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 05:47:51 PM »
Me and my buddy build the New Dolph BASH.
To oversell and throw multi moves at them were pretty solid as well.
Minimum action as would want to focus on maneuvers to make them discard.

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 06:23:52 PM »

None. New Dolph is not fun to play against haha

Old Dolph is even less fun to play against, absolute protection for smackdown maneuvers...

Anyway I think BASH has the props for at least being almost guaranteed 1 Oversell in your hand with Taunt You Bash You, and the fort curve is always welcomed to bridge in to his bigger specific stuffs like Superkick and DDT

Offline darkdestiny91

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »
Old Dolph is even less fun to play against, absolute protection for smackdown maneuvers...

Anyway I think BASH has the props for at least being almost guaranteed 1 Oversell in your hand with Taunt You Bash You, and the fort curve is always welcomed to bridge in to his bigger specific stuffs like Superkick and DDT

TBF, with B2B, you're thinning out your deck so much, it also gives a pretty high guarantee of drawing it as well.

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:02:16 PM »

TBF, with B2B, you're thinning out your deck so much, it also gives a pretty high guarantee of drawing it as well.

Especially with Donnybrook
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!