Author Topic: May 19!  (Read 389 times)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
May 19!
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:27:38 AM »
So I'm curious... I had wanted to make a card for a long time, because the whole angle was stuck in my head (and had some hilarious uses, like Shawn Michaels egging on Kane to destroy his opponent more aggressively). Then the Mid-match Storyline idea came to mind, and fit the concept of changing an angle DURING the match rather than before it.

From a design POV - it felt like BFM could use the most help, as he's basically a one-shot kinda guy, and doesn't have much to offer if his initial moves are reversed or removed. Working in the 5/19 reference was tricky, but having a high cost to play the card - but conditional ring placement - seemed fitting. It can still be playable straight up as a difficult card to reverse, limiting the scope to 'reverse any Unique' or 'Mid-match card', and giving a payoff to those Virtual 'non-maneuver' reversals.

Boosting the underplayed maneuvers may not be helpful, as they can be janky without the May 19 boost, but it seemed like an okay idea to make them potentially more playable. And of course, since the point of the May 19 angle was to promote See No Evil, there had to be a tie-in. Letting BFM get the full 'Kane' bonus all the time seemed a bit much, so it was conditional instead.

Has anyone tried this card out, and how did it work for you?

Any other wacky cards from Virtual that appealed enough to build around (whether or not it was successful)?

CREED
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:41:28 AM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
Re: May 19!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:06:18 PM »
I found it to be the exact helper card BFM needed, before this he was "well he gets his fort but if it gets removed or undermine'ed away he was pretty screwed" now he's got a nice plan B or a hella hard to stop late game card if you needed it! A rare card I didn't female dog once about in testing  :laugh:
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
Oh I've had a couple of interesting deck builds. I built an EX pack stable Deck with The X Factor cards. And I have both a black and white and red and yellow version of Hulk Hogan. I'm tempted to build a corporate version of Kane.
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline darkdestiny91

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 03:24:16 AM »
It's one of my favorite BFM cards and maybe one of his best supports to come out. While Kane got a boost to his actions to mill out the opponent, BFM finally got the boost to smashing his opponent. I've built so many BFM variants and this still ties it all in just to make him a lot more viable now but I'd love to see who else could get the similar Mid-match Storyline treatment too!