Author Topic: Rey Mysterio with Back to Basics  (Read 659 times)

Offline HassanHasselhoff

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rey Mysterio with Back to Basics
« on: May 09, 2020, 07:05:38 AM »
Hi everyone, just got myself a full Classic Rey Mysterio set. I am intending to build him around B2B. I've seen threads with B2B Rey but they all included his revo cards.

Is there a scenario where I can build him B2B without revo or will he be useless without them?

Appreciate if anyone could recommend me a decklist as well!

Online BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Rey Mysterio with Back to Basics
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 03:39:41 AM »
B2B Rey should work without his Revo cards. He was a force as late as No Way Out if I remember right.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +22/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 07:16:51 AM »
The general choice with decks is not to include Revolution cards since it adds so many new card types and is seen as a different format.
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:51:26 AM »
You probably only need his superstar card to run a decent B2B Rey, Too Fast for You and Forever are there as bonus (and maybe old school lucha libre if you are running cheater). The rest of his maneuvers are negligible unless you really wish to make your money worth with the full set purchase.

A straightforward deck build would be running the B2B 0Fs (especially the maneuver/action hybrid) and start off with those actions to boost your hand, don't worry about volley this, you're going to bait all of them out anyway (explain later) and continue your turn regardless. Hopefully you are able to draw at least 1 copy of I Can't Be Read This Right to ease your pain of discarding for ability and since there aren't HiaC with B2B, you are safe there, after we got past the action phase of B2B, start throwing the 0Fs and repeat the above step to hit till it sticks, if you are cheater, you can continue your turn with your specific pre if they reverse from arsenal but that's providing they don't have an ACE reversal. Along the way with the maneuvers, start playing actions from Divas: The Next Generation (some of them replenish your hand as well) to complete your win con, and that's also part of the reason for the B2B actions to bait out any potential reversals from opponent.