Author Topic: WWE's massive talent cuts  (Read 493 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
WWE's massive talent cuts
« on: April 15, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
Here's the updated roster of the wrestlers that have been cut so far:

• Drake Maverick

• Curt Hawkins

• EC3

• Aiden English

• Lio Rush

• Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows

• Eric Young

• Heath Slater

• Mike Rotunda (Father of Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt)

• Dave Finlay

• Billy Kidman

• Pat Buck

• Shawn Daivari

• Scott Armstrong

• Sarah Stock

• Shane Helms

• Lance Storm

• Mike Chioda

• Kurt Angle

• Mike & Maria Kanellis

• Primo & Epico

• Sarah Logan

• Erick Rowan

• Zack Ryder

• No Way Jose

• WWE writer Andrea Listenberger

• Rusev

WWE also stated that it would furlough some employees for an indefinite amount of time.

WWE said the cutbacks would create "an estimated monthly savings of $4 million along with cash flow improvement of $140 million primarily from the deferral in spending on the company's new headquarters."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:43:32 PM by Hogtrail »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
Re: WWE's massive talent cuts
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 07:34:45 PM »
Wow, just wow.  Thats all i can say
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 11:11:13 PM »
Poor decision to cut talents like Rowan, Sarah Logan, Anderson & Gallows.
People like Hawkins and Ryder work their ass off just to get fired.
Just Wow.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 06:20:03 AM »
Firings are always tough, but seeing Spud's tweet: https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1250493936185102339

Man, that one got me right in the feels.

Some of these guys will definitely be bound for either AEW, MLW, or Japan, and likely to get much better work out of the deal. Rowan and Rusev both seem like surefire AEW recruits: Rowan will be another big man to add to their relatively diminutive roster (especially with his history with the leader of the Dark Order), while Rusev is another prime example of a wrestler who WWE simply refused to capitalize on even in the face of massive crowd response (how did they let Rusev Day fail?). Gallows and Anderson seem more likely to head back to Japan, though their Bullet Club history means they're probably in good graces with the Elite. I'd love to see Gotch and English reunite in MLW, and though it seems unlikely that they could reform the Vaudevillains, their chemistry could hopefully set them up for either a productive reteaming or feud.

Either way, I truly hope all of these people land on their feet and get the validation that the WWE denied them.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 06:44:44 AM »
Firings are always tough, but seeing Spud's tweet: https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1250493936185102339

Man, that one got me right in the feels.

Some of these guys will definitely be bound for either AEW, MLW, or Japan, and likely to get much better work out of the deal. Rowan and Rusev both seem like surefire AEW recruits: Rowan will be another big man to add to their relatively diminutive roster (especially with his history with the leader of the Dark Order), while Rusev is another prime example of a wrestler who WWE simply refused to capitalize on even in the face of massive crowd response (how did they let Rusev Day fail?). Gallows and Anderson seem more likely to head back to Japan, though their Bullet Club history means they're probably in good graces with the Elite. I'd love to see Gotch and English reunite in MLW, and though it seems unlikely that they could reform the Vaudevillains, their chemistry could hopefully set them up for either a productive reteaming or feud.

Either way, I truly hope all of these people land on their feet and get the validation that the WWE denied them.

Considering that Simon Gotch is a member of Contra Unit, MLW’s top heel faction, I don’t think a reunion with Aiden English is in the cards. For that matter I struggle to see how English fits in MLW at all.

At first I was thinking EC3 could go to MLW and join The Dynasty, but then thought better of it. Too similar to Richard Holliday.

Of everyone released, I think Lio Rush would be a good get for MLW. Set him up as the first big challenger for Brian Pillman Jr after Little Pill wins the Middleweight Championship. Rusev could work too. I think he could be Davey Boy Smith Jr’s sparring/tag team partner and compliment DBS Jr’s grappling.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline necrobaron75

• +29/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 04:04:36 PM »
Hook Aiden up with Marty Scurrl in ROH.

Angle should do with Hager what Jake is doing with Lance Archer in Aew
female dog WHAT LINE?!