Author Topic: This is MY Hometown!  (Read 269 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
This is MY Hometown!
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:00:14 PM »
This is MY Hometown!
Pre-match Storyline
Can only be played when your opponent has a Venue in his Ring and you do not have a Venue in your Ring.
You may immediately play a Venue card regardless of his effects; when "Your Town" is in his Ring, you may remove the top 2 cards of your Arsenal from the game and immediately play a Feud, Stipulation, Manager, or Object regardless of his card; you cannot play a non-Object card type that is already in your Ring.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique

Is the bolded sentence only contingent on Your Town being in opponent's ring, or is it a separate effect?
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Re: This is MY Hometown!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:17:37 PM »
The bolded clause is part of the "when Your Town is in his Ring" effect, but if Your Town is not in his Ring, it doesn't matter. At the point at which you can play This is MY Hometown, you already cannot play a Feud, Stipulation, or Manager. That clause is to prevent you from using the "immediately play a Feud, Stipulation, Manager, or Object" text to put a second Feud/Stip/Manager into your Ring.

(Example: you are The Four Horsemen, and for whatever reason, you're packing Managed by J.J. Dillon and Managed by "The Mouth of the South," Jimmy Hart. Your opponent plays Your Town, you play JJ. If you then play MY Hometown, you cannot then play Jimmy; however, if your opponent had not played Your Town and you'd played JJ, you wouldn't have been able to play Jimmy anyway. It's only the specific permission of MY Hometown that needed that possibility shut off.)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:34:38 PM »
I guess my concern comes from Pre-Match: Event and Pre-Match: Faction also being card types. As worded, I think you wouldn't be able to play any Events or Factions if opponent has Your Town in the ring and you have another Event/Faction.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:08:05 PM by Hogtrail »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:23:57 PM »
...OK, that is a very different question, and one that sounds like I need to check with the back office about the card's original design intent. Hold that thought.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:35:51 PM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:06:30 AM »
The third clause on MY Hometown's effect is a constraint to the second clause. It is not a continuous effect. This Is MY Hometown! does not restrict the player from doing anything after it finishes its Timing Breakdown.

I'll see about making that clearer in the next revision.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.