Author Topic: Razor Ramon - BASH  (Read 523 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
Razor Ramon - BASH
« on: March 09, 2020, 07:02:35 PM »
Razor Ramon

Backstage:
The Toothpick
Classic Competitor
All shenanigans
Signing appearance
Backstage sig
5th & 10 Anniversaries

Pre-Match:

Saturday Night's Main Event
I'm Gonna Bash Your Brains In
Managed by Mr. Fuji
Say Hello to the Bad Guy
Taunt/Bash
Night of Champions
Vince McMahon Gues Ringside Announcer (TB)
Bash down the walls
Don't bash the star
3x It's time for the great American Bash

Mid-Match:
A quick bashing
Outside interference
Restricted use
Sustained damage
WYTYHATA
Backlash
Cow on ice
Reach/grasp
S.O.B.
Goodnight Everybody
Dirty Low Blow (TB)
Oozing Machismo

Reversals:

3x Me Llamo....
3x Revo of the mind
3x Scotty Worm
3x Manager Interferes
3x Anything and hate it
2x Hold the Phone
2x Get the F Out
Divine Intervention
Carlito says...
You're a Jive Soul bro
Raw deal revolution
You won't BASH me

Actions:

2x Candice: Internet Icon

Maneuvers:

3x BASH Headlock
3x BASH Suplex
3x BASH Punch
2x German Suplex (TB)
2x Steel Chain Shot (TB)
Classic Knee to the Groin
Spinning Wrist Lock Hammerlock...
Razor's Edge
Bad Guy's Running Bulldog
Super Belly to Back Suplex

Hybrids:

2x DTTAH
2x Leg Drag (TB)
Shocking interference
Douchebag
Brass nuks
Sidewalk slam (TB)
Armageddon
Abdominal Rake
Back Rake
Eye Rake
Hall's fall away slam
Feign fear
Don't sing it, Bring it
Bad times don't last...

Being able to pack Heel reversals gives BASH Razor A TON of reversal power. At the base 3F, the deck has access to 20 maneuver reversals.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Razor Ramon - BASH
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 07:37:44 PM »
Why no elbow? Why no 3rd gtfo & dttah? Why the classic knee to the groin? Why 3 anything & hate it? Why 3 me llmao...? Why cavalry over candice when u r trying to bait gtfo & once out? Where is yr mania? No shoot lock up? No clutch apply? This deck is gg against no escape deck, gd luck for reversing 1st turn whirlwind kick if u dun draw 2 revo, yr deck probably only work against another conventional bash deck or some dry dry whack deck which don't really exist in vc.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:43:56 PM by Naitchng »

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »
Why Candice over Here Comes the Calvary? You're generally running multis and Calvary fits in well. Classic Knee to the Groin sticks out like a sore thumb with its fort/damage curve that doesn't contribute much to the multi/protected maneuver built in the set up. And surely with the amount of heel cards, running No Show is more justifiable over Don't Bash the Stars? I mean you can even swap it in as an exchange for No Show!

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »
all he needs add is making your escape and he's fine for no escape :)

I find classic knee to the groin is a nice transition move, but tb German is better

BASH you till five and calvary might be better recovery options (though Candice give you more....but Hell Cell..... again....make your escape!)

Backlash over turning things upside down is an interesting choice.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »
all he needs add is making your escape and he's fine for no escape :)

I find classic knee to the groin is a nice transition move, but tb German is better

BASH you till five and calvary might be better recovery options (though Candice give you more....but Hell Cell..... again....make your escape!)

Backlash over turning things upside down is an interesting choice.....

The problem with No Escape against his reversals isn't its reversal restriction, but the fact that most of his reversals hit non-uniques and there usually are minimal non-uniques in a No Escape deck.

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 08:25:58 PM »
The problem with No Escape against his reversals isn't its reversal restriction, but the fact that most of his reversals hit non-uniques and there usually are minimal non-uniques in a No Escape deck.

He's got the Revo's the Managers, the Rakes and the BASH reversal (which he can cycle since he plays bash moves.....I think he's kinda ok there)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »
Why no elbow? Why no 3rd gtfo & dttah? Why the classic knee to the groin? Why 3 anything & hate it? Why 3 me llmao...? Why cavalry over candice when u r trying to bait gtfo & once out? Where is yr mania? No shoot lock up? No clutch apply? This deck is gg against no escape deck, gd luck for reversing 1st turn whirlwind kick if u dun draw 2 revo, yr deck probably only work against another conventional bash deck or some dry dry whack deck which don't really exist in vc.

I've been seeing and hearing a lot of this "why this" and "why that" amidst deck judgments. Challenge him to a game sometime and perhaps you'll find the answers you seek.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

I've been seeing and hearing a lot of this "why this" and "why that" amidst deck judgments. Challenge him to a game sometime and perhaps you'll find the answers you seek.

Lmao, the whole pt of the deck review section is to provide critical review. If u can't take tat & only want to hear pple compliment & give u fake positive review then dun post yr decks. It is not yrs anyway. I dun mind facing him anytime but time difference will be problem.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 11:00:08 PM »

Lmao, the whole pt of the deck review section is to provide critical review. If u can't take tat & only want to hear pple compliment & give u fake positive review then dun post yr decks. It is not yrs anyway. I dun mind facing him anytime but time difference will be problem.

I'm gonna say that this is valid actually. Why is it bad when someone is pointing out very obvious strange inclusions and giving better options and getting bashed for it? They're saying that in such a multi-heavy deck, it is indeed a bit strange to suddenly choose a non-multi action for recovery. and to ofc point out that Me Llamo... isn't really a great card to forego for one more copy of GTFO.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 11:22:02 PM »

I'm gonna say that this is valid actually. Why is it bad when someone is pointing out very obvious strange inclusions and giving better options and getting bashed for it? They're saying that in such a multi-heavy deck, it is indeed a bit strange to suddenly choose a non-multi action for recovery. and to ofc point out that Me Llamo... isn't really a great card to forego for one more copy of GTFO.
👏👏👏, exactly my pt, so basic tat i was lazy to explain myself. Haha most players can tell wad i meant in all the whys😂. If u are new to the game, i apologise but if u have been playin for some time already. There shld be no reason for y u dun get my whys.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:24:20 PM by Naitchng »

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 06:55:07 AM »
Yeah, the only issue I see here is both sides not really explaining some of their criticisms/decisions proactively.

No slight to Hogtrail (whom I have a good opinion of as a deckbuilder), but when we get a deck list that doesn't really spell out some of these decisions beyond a quick sentence below the list, the reader will naturally question deviations from more obvious meta choices.  It's always been my problem with the deck forum (and I'm sure I've been guilty of it in the past): When you just post a list, it doesn't invite a lot of conversation about what you may be trying to do with the deck, so much as what other people would do with the deck. While that is certainly still valuable input (challenging your plan, making you think critically about choices), it isn't necessarily conducive to starting a productive conversation.

I guess my point here is that when people post a deck list (assuming they're posting their own list, and not just posting a tournament winning deck that someone else ran), it'd be nice to see it come with more discussion, even of seemingly obvious points. It makes the list more accessible to people who lack the context to simply look at the list of cards and immediately recognize what the deck is aiming for. This in turn is helpful both for encouraging productive criticism/discussion of the tactics/list, as well as giving newer and less informed players some grounding from which to both appreciate the list for what it is, and for what it might lend to other similar decks.

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »
The short explanation is laziness. I try not to use proxies when I don't have to, the rest of my GTFO were used in other decks, same with the Cavalries I have printed.

I played this deck exactly once against a Jerry Lawler deck, and it was very boring because I just reversed everything. I would not take this deck to a tournament. My playgroup is me and 1 other, so I often don't feel the need to make every deck  tournament ready. The only reason I posted it is because another user asked me to share my decklist.

In no way is this the definitive Razor Ramon build. Any deck I post in this forum is merely a guide. Adjust as you will.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:13:44 AM by Hogtrail »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 04:22:41 AM »
Thank you, Hogtrail, for being honest. I know a lot of people asked about the choices you made for the deck. I'm less frustrated about the lack of an explanation and rather critics that start to pull out essentially a threat when all someone did was question the choices made since it wasn't even their deck that was posted.

I feel like the forum has been rather quiet, possibly because most of the community has migrated to the discord but I would like to think that there should be more discussion topics here as well.