Author Topic: The Longevity of Rawdeal Question  (Read 395 times)

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
The Longevity of Rawdeal Question
« on: March 04, 2020, 06:13:50 AM »
I had a conversation with someone the other day at PAX east about how long the classic version of Rawdeal had lasted “successfully” from a sales stand point. This person (who to my knowledge did not play at all) was certain that according to her research he game did not last 5 years in its original version.. I said I lived through it and it lasted for more than 5 years, citing the card 5th anniversary. Anyway, I didn't have the time to argue this point. I could be wrong, so I am curious if anyone has an knowledge on this.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
Re: The Longevity of Rawdeal Question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 06:34:12 AM »
Introduced in 2000, Raw Deal is an out-of-print collectible card game published by Comic Images and licensed from World Wrestling Entertainment.[1] It was released in August 2000.[2] It was designed to replicate the action of a professional wrestling match. The game was designed by Michael Foley and Barron Vangor Toth. On November 14, 2007, Comic Images released a Press Release stating that they had lost the WWE License due to declining sales.[3] The game ceased production in December 2007.

So the answer is about 7 years and two months, since the last year was probably all revo and post $$3 I'm sure that when the finances started to drop on it
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 06:48:38 AM »
To back this up a little more, I looked at card images of The Rock and Mr. Kennedy, since they were in Premiere and GAB, respectively. The copyright date on the Rock is 2000, the copyright date on Kennedy is 2006. That doesn't give us the month, unfortunately, but at a bare minimum, even if it had been December '00 and January '06 (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't,) that's a minimum of five years and one month, not counting Revolution 1-3. Her research is wrong.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 07:02:14 AM »
Thanks guys,  I'm surprised its 5-7, but I had a strong feeling under 5 just didnt make sense.

#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 07:08:50 AM »
If the final set was released in Dec 2007, I'm sure it found its way into 2008, and if I remember right, qualifier winners still got wrestlemania 2008 tickets but nothing else
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!