Author Topic: Vickie Guerrero (feat. Deadman)  (Read 112 times)

Online Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Vickie Guerrero (feat. Deadman)
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:59:28 AM »
Backstage
Vickie Guerrero
Rock, Deadman, or ... Matt Hardy? - Choose Deadman
Backed by La Familia - Last paragraph for non-damage pinfall as a reversal
Hometown Hero - to make sure New England gets in for Face the Music
The Era of the Superstar - Just to get Women's Evolution and Revolutionizing the Division

Pre-match (12)
I'm Always On the Winning Side - MY Side! - free slot to +1 HS
Newcastle, England - Doubles your Face in Ring, to combo with Face the Music which you can keep picking up with Deadman's ability
Back to Basics
A Foundation of Old School Wrestling - Just to make sure you can play all your Old School Psychology
World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title Belt - Staple for B2B decks to get initial fortitude, weak against Managed by Vince
Old School Cage Match - The deck dishes out low damage, so I won't want my maneuvers to be plucked from RSP preventing me from re-playing them. Good against Thrust Knee Lift and NWO Lethal Poison
Old School Manager
Old School Donnybrook
Old School Psychology x3
For the Love of The Game - For discard or play as action

Mid-match (12)
For the Love of The Game - For discard or play as action
The Women's Evolution
Restricted Use in This Area
Backlash!
You're as Graceful as a Cow on Ice
Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp
Introduce Your Brain to Your Mouth...
Enforcer Interferes
The Road to Victory
Ready to Fight x3 - Either use as recovery or to force discard from chain effect

Maneuver (19)
Clothesline
Punch
Belly to Back Suplex
Roundhouse Punch
Head Butt
Hip Toss
Arm Drag
Russian Leg Sweep
Snap Mare
Body Slam
Atomic Drop
Drop Toe Hold
Press Slam
Backhand Slap TB
Elbow Drop
Foot Stomp
Old School Piledriver
Cougar Splash
Vickie's Slap

Action (14)
Great Power Brawl TB - To make my maneuvers deal more damage
Face the Music x3 - Key card for the deck to force 6 discards as soon as turn 1
You Feeling Lucky? TB x2 - Another card to either force discard or to get fortitude
Didn't I Already Fire You? - To change to The Rock for recovery if circumstances require
Here Comes the Cavalry!
Shoot Action x2
Everyone Wants to Watch Women, Period x2 - cheap action to use for ability to lure reversals out, before hitting them with Face the Music
Vickie's Scream
Smackdown!'s Executive Consultant

Reversal (27)
A Revolution of the Mind x3
Elbow to the Face x2
Once is Enough x3
Get the 'F' Out! x2
Sloppy ... Very Sloppy x3
Divine Intervention
Don't be a Douchebag!
Carlito Says 'That's Not Cool!'
You Missed Your Chance
Hold the Phone!
Don't Try This at Home x2
Unintended CONsequences
Breaking Ground
Master Manipulator
Revolutionizing the Division
Vickie Guerrero Interferes
The Coach Says, 'Today's the Day!'
I Said, 'EXCUSE ME!'

Overall Remarks
This deck went 3-2 i the recent OCTGN tourney (after trying out 6 other different builds). That said, her ability was used probably twice in the 3 games, which speaks volume on the 'usefulness' of her ability. Plus, her ability actually also makes your opponent's action successful since you can't play reversals to it while your action is only chain so that doesn't help much. Also, the entire deck can actually be copy pasted to probably 80% of the existing roster and still perform better than Vickie.

Instead, I gave up on her theme as a predominantly Action deck deck, Excuse Me! and even her specific enforcer, but focused on a discard route. Since she don't need her ability, Excuse Me became useless and B2B just seems to fit in. With 3x OS Psy, the discarding would be huge. Going Face was just so I can use Deadman's ability to pick up Face the Music for forcing discard. To maximise the card text, I went with Newcastle, England to double the number of Face cards in my ring so Face the Music is an instant discard 6. From there, just keep using the lower damage maneuvers to lure our their backlash reversals for the 3 OSP discards and try to win with Cougar Splash or OS Piledriver.

This is the best I can do with Vickie with her current cards. What's other builds that you tried her with, and if given a chance, what could be a suitable support for her? For me, i know that she would minimally get the chance to reverse the action that she interrupts, and also have more purpose to use any of her specific enforcers. A Sable-ish Wildcat effect would be a nice addition to her otherwise lackluster maneuver base.

Key card texts for reference:

Vickie Guerrero
Starting Hand Size: 0+     Superstar Value: 2+
Superstar Ability: Once during each of your opponent's turns, when he plays a non-maneuver card, you may immediately play an action card from hand and he may respond to it as if it was your turn. His responses to that card do not end his turn, and you may not respond again to the card that you interrupted.
He cannot play cards with 'Vickie' in the title.
You may pack Master Manipulator, and you may pack Enforcers in your Backstage Area; when you reveal your Superstar card, reveal 1 Enforcer card and choose 1 Enforcer.  You may not pack ECW or nWo cards.
V5

Backed by La Familia
Backstage Card
You are considered a Stable for your opponent's The Numbers Game.
Your Superstar-specific non-Revolution maneuvers are considered Smackdown and non-F: 0 for Backed by Smackdown GM Vickie Guerrero, and your Vickie Guerrero Interferes is -5F.
When you completely reverse his maneuver from hand or Backlash, you may hide this card and he overturns 5 cards.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

Back to Basics
Pre-match Feud
You can only play Pre-match cards with the words "old school" in the title.
Your opponent cannot play the card titled Hell in a Cell Match.
Search your Arsenal for 1 of each of the cards titled Arm Bar, Arm Bar Takedown, Arm Drag, Atomic Drop, Belly to Back Suplex, Belly to Belly Suplex, Body Slam, Chop, Clothesline, Collar & Elbow Lockup, Drop Kick, Haymaker, Head Butt, Hip Toss, Press Slam, Punch, Roundhouse Punch, Russian Leg Sweep, Snap Mare, Vertical Suplex, Wrist Lock, Backhand Slap, Drop Toe Hold, Elbow Drop, Foot Stomp, and Hammerlock, reveal them to your opponent, and put them under this card. You may play these cards as if they were in your hand. Your opponent searches your Arsenal and Backlash deck. If he finds any non-Superstar-specific Maneuver cards, you lose the game via Pinfall Victory. Shuffle your Arsenal.
Permanent
ΒΆ (Restricted Modification Symbol)
F: 0      D: 0

Newcastle, England
Pre-match Venue
All players may only play 1 Face or Heel card during each of their turns.
All players are considered to have double the number of Face or Heel cards they have in their Ring area.
Universally Active
Permanent
F: 0      D: 0

Face the Music
Action: Face
Your opponent discards cards equal to the number of Face cards in your Ring area. The maximum number of cards he discards from this card is 6.
F: 2      D: 0