Author Topic: I triggered Erick Stevens last night  (Read 304 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-3
    • View Profile
I triggered Erick Stevens last night
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
Last night I was at MLW Fightland in Philadelphia. Dilbert went with me to the show, and I brought streamers to throw into the ring for certain matches. Well, I wish I could have my first toss back.

The first match the streamers would come into play was for Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Erick Stevens. I had never thrown streamers before, so I did not know the proper form. But I thought I had a good idea. So DBS Jr comes to the ring, others throw their streamers. I toss mine, and immediately I know I screwed up because it's headed right for the back of Erick Stevens's head. Sure enough, it's a direct hit. Oops.

I don't know if Stevens knows it was me, but he then proceeded to pick up the spool Dilbert threw and wing it into the crowd near where we were sitting. That got a laugh from several people sitting nearby, and Dilbert said it would make good TV.

The rest of the night, Stevens would act triggered by streamers. He'd tear them up, toss them away in disgust, and even threaten people he saw had streamers. Including me. The folks in our section had fun taunting him by yelling out "STREAMERS!" and throwing bits of them in his direction.

I was rather embarrassed by my bad aim, and worried because I thought I might get tossed from the building. But I guess security saw there was no malicious intent because nothing came of it. Nobody came by or anything. Dilbert afterwards suggested I throw with a higher arc, and the next time, for Brian Pillman Jr's match against Jimmy Havoc, my toss was much better.

So yeah. Erick, my bad.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: I triggered Erick Stevens last night
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:26:13 PM »
Nice! I love those kind of interactions at shows like this.

My favorite streamer bit from when I was going to PWG with Buddha Dudley was Kevin Steen's final show. We streamered the hell outta him, he actually walked into it, then rolled around on the mat to gather up more, and stood back up looking like some living creature made of streamers, haha.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:49:08 AM »
It was a fun show.

The other thing that happened was I took my Tom Lawlor t-shirt and used masking tape to spell out "SUCKS" underneath his logo. Since he turned heel (and is very effective at it), and because of the way these shows are, I held it up at various points when he was out to try and get a reaction. I got three. Lawlor saw it and looked at me with utter contempt. Team Filthy member Dominic Garrini called me an a**hole. Best compliment I received that night! And Marshall Von Erich, who's currently feuding with Lawlor, appreciated my shoddy handiwork and said it looked awesome.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 05:24:14 AM »
That sounds like a great night. Thanks for sharing those stories.
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika