Author Topic: Old School wrestling match tb fixes  (Read 449 times)

Offline necrobaron75

• +29/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
Old School wrestling match tb fixes
« on: January 21, 2020, 12:27:20 PM »
So its been mentioned that OSWM TB is being looked at,and maybe we could post som ideas to help fix it.

A couple from me

1.Reduce the # of cards overturned,say down to 1-3 cards.
Maybe rfg them to make up for it.

2.Only triggers on the 2nd non maneuver card played.
3.doesnt trigger on uniques and or Superstar specifics

female dog WHAT LINE?!

Online dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Old School wrestling match tb fixes
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:37:29 PM »
A worthy topic for discussion, but not appropriate for the Rules forum, so let's continue this over here.

That said, my immediate inclination is to cut the overturn to 3. Anything lower than that and the card's a coaster. If we want to be a bit more adventurous, I'd advocate for "reveal the top 4 cards of your Arsenal, put three of them into your Ringside, and shuffle your Arsenal." That way, if there's something critical on top, it stays in your deck, but goes to a random location as a cost.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
Honestly I think oswm tb is fine by itself. Just kindly come out with cards for yr perceived blue wave superstar with ways/choice to negate the burn while paying some cost. Eg torrie & trish.
Oswm tb is still relevant but extremely limited in terms of how decks r form or games to be played. Anyway it is a double edge sword, most of the time cost u yr match if u r not runnin heat/blindside or have mechanics to search for moves & if yr opponent r runnin hand disruption.

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Ryder-Lynch-Mahal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 08:18:05 PM »
I've to agree with Naitchg, i still think OSWM tb is fine by itself.

But if this is really to be errata, then it will look something like this (as per above suggestions) :

Old School Wrestling Match - Throwback
Pre-match Stipulation
If any player's turn ends after his Draw Segment without attempting to play a Superstar-Specific Unique card or a maneuver, he choose 1: Overturn 6 cards or reveal top 4 of his arsenal and choose 1 card. Shuffle the chosen card into the arsenal and remove the rest of the cards from the game. Turns cannot be skipped, and non-Superstar-specific cards cannot prevent an opponent from playing maneuvers.
When Back to Basics is in your Ring, your Pre-match Capacity is +3, and your opponent cannot play I'm Gonna Break You.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:43:50 AM by rachelmon »

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »
Pre-match Stipulation
Cannot be packed while packing any other stipulations.
If any player's turn ends after his Draw Segment without attempting to play a maneuver and he does not have the card titled Old School Cage Match in his ring area: Promo: 4.
Turns cannot be skipped and non-Superstar-specific cards cannot prevent an opponent from playing maneuvers.
Each turn, before your draw segment, if you do not have the card titled Back to Basics in your ring your opponent may remove 1 card in your ringside from the game.
When Back to Basics is in your Ring and you are not The Home Team you may shuffle up to 2 non-reversal cards from your ringside into your arsenal each time you successfully play a maneuver and your Pre-Match Capacity is +3. Your opponent cannot play I'm Gonna Break You.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 08:20:10 AM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »
Pre-match Stipulation
If any player's turn ends after his Draw Segment without attempting to play a maneuver and he does not have the card titled Old School Cage Match in his ring area: Promo: 4.
Turns cannot be skipped and non-Superstar-specific cards cannot prevent an opponent from playing maneuvers.
Each turn, before your draw segment, if you do not have the card titled Back to Basics in your ring your opponent may remove 1 card in your ringside from the game.
When Back to Basics is in your Ring and you are not The Home Team you may shuffle up to 2 non-reversal cards from your ringside into your arsenal each time you successfully play a maneuver and your Pre-Match Capacity is +3. Your opponent cannot play I'm Gonna Break You.

That's quite a few changes...here are my knee-jerk reactions without hearing reasons as you why you suggested these changes:
1) If I'm playing OSWM TB, it's probably because I'm an aggro deck. Chain moves make good aggro decks, but this card would essentially allow the opponent to build their hand back up when they promo. I'm not sure I'd want to play this version of OSWM TB offensively if I'm allowing my opponent to promo. I'd certainly not play it against decks that get perks when promo'ing (Balor, Emma, New Day?). Decks I just mentioned could play this and get big boosts.

I was going to comment on the RFG component, but after reading the text for the THIRD time, I realized I had read it wrong. I like that there's a slight drawback (opp. being able to RFG one of your cards) but again, comboing this with letting your opponent promo and I'm still not thinking I'd play this card by choice.

Again, knee-jerk reaction/thoughts here.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 04:53:12 PM »
Pre-match Stipulation

Lols, tat makes oswm tb kind of ptless to pack, totally agree with scotty. Oswm tb should still retain the ability as a way to  end game, giving opp chance to draw a potential maneuver is pretty lame when u can end him if he ran out of maneuvers to whack. I still standby my pt on not revising oswm tb but rather provide perceived blue wave superstars with some specifics tat helps to reduce the penalty from it instead.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 05:33:05 AM »
I agree with Naitchng that OSWM TB can stay, or at most reduce to 4. But most importantly is that superstars built for playing blue should not be affected by it.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »
Gonna agree with Naitchng here as well. I have shared my thoughts on the Facebook thread why OSWM TB is such an essential piece of the Rock-Paper-Scissors style gameplay of Raw Deal i.e. Aggro > Blue Control > Sponge > Aggro.

I feel like it's a necessary part of the dynamic and nerfing it just to make blue decks more viable is a blatantly horrible way to balance the game. Instead, the team should be making some cards such as maybe a pre-match that allows them to negate the burn somehow (maybe a one-time use ACE?) that can let them stabilize and get back into the game.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 07:45:03 AM »
For those saying "specifics to negate OSWM TB": there are already decks that have this kind of anti-OSWM flavor.  Most recently Torrie Wilson and Trish Stratus got This IS What We Came To See! which gives them some leeway to play actions without (much) fear.  For those that dislike OSWM to a high degree - have you tried playing with this card vs. OSWM TB?  Did it have the desired effect? 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »
I put my 2 cents in discord.

What if the wording was changed to match that of nWo Poison? Where if a players ends their turn with attempting a maneuver, they overturn 6. Allows blue to exist, BUT they still have to throw moves if their turn isnt ended by a reversal or and opponents effect.

I honestly dont care either way, just throwing it out there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:41:42 AM by niiiiick »