Author Topic: 2020 Bottom of the Barrel Thread  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Bottom of the Barrel Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2020, 11:08:42 AM »
I think Yokozuna is definitely one of the superstars that need some help. Being limited to just one maneuver per turn is a pretty huge drawback, and having +3F doesn't really compensate for it imo.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
There is nothing wrong with Mr Perfect, Legion of Doom or Trish Stratus. They are all still strong superstars.

The rest of the list seems ok though.
Raw Guest Host, Natural Disasters and Hassan could use some help. Natural disasters are almost there, but the splashes are far too easy to stop.

Offline necrobaron75

• +29/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
Hassan is part of the"Heat needs a boost" thing,like Snitsky and Shiek
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 01:21:03 PM »
Heat in general needs a looking at sure

And someone who could get heat like no other in Memphis....  Jerry Lawler is still kinda blah ......
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 04:36:35 PM »
Team Hell No has been discussed on Discord as being rather weak. They’re not an active team, but there aren’t many active wrestler names being posted right now, so throwing their name in the hat.

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »
Are Lex Luger/Total Package any good? I've never made them, but they're another example of superstars tied to a specific build
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 11:50:40 AM by Hogtrail »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »
Lex is OK
I'd be VERY careful about upping the total page's power, that ability could be super easily used and abused like crazy

I had drawing issues with them, they never were able to get good hands, least in my efforts
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline EatSleepGymRepeat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 08:17:15 AM »
I think Sabu needs a boost as well

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2020, 10:41:43 AM »
I'm guessing you mean classic, and not Revolution Sabu.  :)

By the way, it's helpful to share why you've found them to be lacking, what they aren't doing, etc. It helps look at the weak points, and identify room for specific improvement. (Not singling you out, ESGR, just speaking generally)  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 12:58:55 PM »
Are Lex Luger/Total Package any good? I've never made them, but they're another example of superstars tied to a specific build

BASH TTP is pretty awesome. Strength of Allied Powers and Made in the USA with Classic Competitor help a lot.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2020, 07:03:02 AM »
In my experience with Sabu, he's proven to be a difficult deck build in some aspects.  He's got some advantages for sure (10 SHS + Underrated, ECW ONS in the backstage, HFS in the backstage) but HFS and ECW are two areas of the game that don't naturally mesh with regards to deck builds (or I have a mental block on it for some reason).  I haven't given it a good shot since Cruiserweight Style Action came out, though, so maybe it's time to dig him up and try again.

Updated the list with recent suggestions.  Thank you to all who have partaken in this thread so far. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »
I am adding The Ultimate Warrior to the bottom of the barrel.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
I am adding The Ultimate Warrior to the bottom of the barrel.

.....why? Please state your reasoning.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 02:41:34 PM »
He seems to have trouble getting into his big maneuvers. If he gets the triple reversal card out he’s golden but without it he has trouble going from the low maneuvers to the ones that finish opponents off.

Offline NerdyD

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2020, 09:34:10 PM »
I agree about Asuka being bottom Tier. I tried sooo many different things with her last year and it still felt the same. She didnt really get any better, only different tricks. She is soo underwhelming. Her manvuers on her backstage cards are threatening. I mean chicken wing is cute with banned from ring but thats about it. And then usually someone says just play back 2 basics with her which is okay but pretty boring and not really interesting. And her superstar ability herself mind as be blank.

Its ashame the Empress of Tomorrow isnt at least mid tier.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:39:44 PM by NerdyD »

Offline EatSleepGymRepeat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2020, 07:21:01 AM »

By the way, it's helpful to share why you've found them to be lacking, what they aren't doing, etc. It helps look at the weak points, and identify room for specific improvement. (Not singling you out, ESGR, just speaking generally)  :)

CREED

Yes, i meant classic Sabu. Generally, he do not have a easy way to get fort. i meant i try play foreign object, chain, blank maneuvers with drawing a blank. by the time i get the fort, probably in a pinch of getting backslide, inside cradle for pinfall.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »

CREED

Yes, i meant classic Sabu. Generally, he do not have a easy way to get fort. i meant i try play foreign object, chain, blank maneuvers with drawing a blank. by the time i get the fort, probably in a pinch of getting backslide, inside cradle for pinfall.

Have you had the opportunity to Backed by RVD into a Shoot Lockup?  That was always my backup plan on getting started.  It requires the Shoot Lockup to be in hand, but once it is you can search for a Chair Shot to make it happen.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »
Btw, cactus jack will really need some support.
The only viable route of spamming barbed wire baseball bat every turn with Chicago(weak anyway) is no longer viable due to shenanigans(mainly meant for cody's face mask, but screwed other weaker ss).
Oso will hardcore diaries being a close to useless card & mankind having way better support, any other ideas/builds automatically goes to mankind. Cactus jack has been lost in the shuffle for years, new ideas for him shld be consider.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 06:38:51 PM by Naitchng »

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
Where do The Heat Seekers stand? Do they hold up?
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline necrobaron75

• +29/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2020, 09:47:56 PM »
He seems to have trouble getting into his big maneuvers. If he gets the triple reversal card out he’s golden but without it he has trouble going from the low maneuvers to the ones that finish opponents off.

Build him WWE Homecoming with Parts Unknown,Search TB Punch,search Superkick turn 1
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »

Build him WWE Homecoming with Parts Unknown,Search TB Punch,search Superkick turn 1

Raw & Ready can easily grab Power of the Warrior. Since he gets Legendary Defense anyway you don't have to mull over losing Revolution of the Mind for it. I always packed 2-3 I'm Always On Top and threw Punch TB then Punch That Will Take Someone's Head Off. That puts you at 11 fortitude which is golden.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
I agree about Asuka being bottom Tier. I tried sooo many different things with her last year and it still felt the same. She didnt really get any better, only different tricks. She is soo underwhelming. Her manvuers on her backstage cards are threatening. I mean chicken wing is cute with banned from ring but thats about it. And then usually someone says just play back 2 basics with her which is okay but pretty boring and not really interesting. And her superstar ability herself mind as be blank.

Its ashame the Empress of Tomorrow isnt at least mid tier.

It'll be better blank actually, because then she might have more viable builds open up  :P

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 07:40:43 AM »
in regards to necrobaron and drywall, I guess I was trying too hard to build him B2B.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
Why does everyone seem to think Heat Decks are weak. Iron Shiek is excellent as is, I understand Snitsky & Hassan require some work. But beyond that Heat is pretty damn powerful.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2020, 07:25:52 AM »
Where do The Heat Seekers stand? Do they hold up?

They 100% need an overhaul. The ability is far too costly for what you get. They do have a few really good cards though, but still nothing special.