Author Topic: 2020 Bottom of the Barrel Thread  (Read 4705 times)

Offline darkdestiny91

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Bottom of the Barrel Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 08:54:17 PM »
Why does everyone seem to think Heat Decks are weak. Iron Shiek is excellent as is, I understand Snitsky & Hassan require some work. But beyond that Heat is pretty damn powerful.

Right now, Elias is unkillable and Jinder Mahal has been a powerful heat deck as well. The heat trait does need some help to compete with chain/volley/etc as a consideration for non-heat oriented superstars and ofc Snitsky and Hassan do need some help to boost themselves to a more competitive level.

Offline mikeskizo

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »
First off I think female superstars need some love in general.
They recently got like 3 new cards but it's not enough support considering they cant pack the divas stuff or multis they just need that extra something.

Next up AJ Lee, I love disruptive abilities like hers however I feel like mickie james, while not having as strong of an ability as AJ, mickie does AJ better than AJ because she has more relevant and more powerful support cards, AJ just seems to be missing something.

Paige next. Not even a problem with her support pre-set it more that theres not enough generic cards out to give her the boost she needs, mostly all she can do is play kicks at high damage but I feel like she needs more protection for the diva of tomorrow or a lesser cost to get it back and maybe another Avenue of playing her rather than it just being kicks all the time and you can get more use out of Team PCB like Lynch can with the use of Finlay.

Lastly I think a new prematch would be cool that has some sort of cost to play but what it does is it considers your opponent to have a title belt card in his ring for your effects.
Too many decent cards that arent worth packing because 'can only be played if your opponent has a title belt card's and you cant garauntee that.

Offline mikeskizo

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »
One more thought, viscera is good but he is a one trick pony which makes him boring to play. Also, because most of the moves he packs are high damage his superstar specific moves are near impossible to play.

Offline black_swordsman

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »
I think yoko just need some support but i love playing him i don`t feel his bottom of the barrel. One that i do think is B.O.B is Money Inc. but they could be fixed with some more support or over haul the super star altogether.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2020, 11:15:10 PM »
I think yoko just need some support but i love playing him i don`t feel his bottom of the barrel. One that i do think is B.O.B is Money Inc. but they could be fixed with some more support or over haul the super star altogether.
? Money inc? 1st turn superplex deck?
Honestly Money Inc is probably 1 of the strongest out of the snme v4 expansion. Not sure why u considered them the B. O. B. They are honestly kind of OP if u use them correctly, with excellent fort reductions & a very strong pool of support cards that maximise the use of ability & rfg mechanics. But that being said, it's a techy deck & not suitable for beginners.

I will say like always cactus jack nd some serious support.
Lawler too, last support tat makes him legend is actually a down grade. Somehow u squeeze in a falling fist if yr opp didn't pack yr reach. Den nxt turn eat a shoot lock up.
How is tat an upgrade? Able to pack classic moves but no protection on classic moves really does nothing. At least try make falling fist & piledriver playable when packing no escape if u want him to go the classic route.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:30:34 PM by Naitchng »

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2020, 05:03:44 AM »
Lawler gets Classic Competitor too since he's also a WWF guy FYI (yes he still needs more help and it's in the works)

Any deck that can get Shoot Lock-Up at 0F is just fine as is in Raw Deal now :)
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +244/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2020, 06:26:48 AM »
I can't see Honky Tonk man being on this list, being able to throw Quick Count Ref over and over at 30 fort is pretty damn good as well as King/outside interference early in the game(3F and 4F with nWo T-Shirt) and Pink Cadillac finding and hiding any 3 cards he wants is pretty good stuff.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2020, 08:24:03 AM »
I can't see Honky Tonk man being on this list, being able to throw Quick Count Ref over and over at 30 fort is pretty damn good as well as King/outside interference early in the game(3F and 4F with nWo T-Shirt) and Pink Cadillac finding and hiding any 3 cards he wants is pretty good stuff.
Haha honky problem r like most snme guys, hand too small, even with evening up the odds which some people say equals to solving small hand though it's not the case, his hand is still too small for defense in a long run. Honky is those that if everything falls into place u r gd & nd to end the game fast.
If somehow yr set up fails, he is pretty hard to get back on track. From personal experience, after 3 builds with him, I have only managed to quick count ref twice & really those opponents are beginners. The idea is fun but the execution is hard to pull off, on paper u can keep quick count ref til u hit, but veteran opp will keep appropriate amt of action reversals ready, & towards late game, the ace to take heel action is really really very dangerous. Same pt as above veteran opponents will keep ace reversals ready to reverse yr ace at the moment that he with demolish u the nxt turn.
But he is better then lawler since he is not consider a legend.
Honestly his ability is gone facing any face deck packin playing by the rules tb which are the majority of face decks.

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »
Honky could use some more support cards for sure (most of the SNME guys fall into this category), there's not a lot of "why would I play Honky over say Scott Hall" ?
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »
I find Honkey Tonk Man's issue to be that I want to pack like 80 cards in him but can only fit 60 lol
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +244/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2020, 11:29:03 AM »
One of my builds for Honky gets 13 cards in hand turn 1 after he draws for Greater Intercontinental Champion of All Time, isn't all that hard to boost his hand.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »
One of my builds for Honky gets 13 cards in hand turn 1 after he draws for Greater Intercontinental Champion of All Time, isn't all that hard to boost his hand.
Is not about the starting, is how to maintain it. Most wwf guys lack drawing power, even diesel who has a huge starting hand wll hand his hand reduce drastically within a few turns(exclude 8 wonder & maybe sid, though both depend heavily on how yr opp play) Like i said honky is extremely dependent on how u set him up & flow of the set up. Any disruption will ultimately cost him the match in the end/long run & yes honky always have a painful problem over choice of heel actions & how many of them to pack.

Y u play honky over scott hall? Because his cool, cocky & bad, lols

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2020, 10:03:05 PM »
Having seen so many people having different opinions about Bottom of the Barrel superstars, why not transfer that into tangible data for all players and developers to see.

Having it recorded down systematically helps make the information tangible.

https://tinyurl.com/RDCommunityFeedback

Sample of how feedback have been left so far for the Revival: