Author Topic: The Voice Of The Voiceless ?  (Read 244 times)

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
The Voice Of The Voiceless ?
« on: February 01, 2020, 06:39:55 AM »
The Voice of the Voiceless     (CM Punk logo)
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.  Your CM Punk-specific cards do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your opponent cannot Activate cards or play non-Superstar-specific reversals of D:3+ in response to your maneuvers with 'shoot' in the title.  When you successfully play a maneuver with 'shoot' in the title, draw 1 card.
When you have at least 5 lower Fortitude and your maneuver with 'shoot' in the title is unsuccessfully played, you may put I'm Straight-Edge from your Backlash into your Ring.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Ok my ? say Punk throws a Shoot Kicker Hold, Shoot Slam, Shoot Headlock, Shoot Punch
On them can you OG Strangle Hold (Which does 3 Damage and makes them Discard 2) or The Kicker Hold or Headlock cause both of them have Restricted Mod Symbols on them which TVOTV modifies your opponents Reversals to them and I thought RMS mean nothing can modify anything add to that card also could you play like Backlash (Which Dose 3) to the 2nd Card if it's 1 of them 4 Shoot Cards but couldn't if it were like a Shoot Suplex, Shoot Lock Up instead cause these 2 haven't got a RMS symbol on them.
So ? is can a Strangle Hold OG or Backlash be used to reverse the 1st 4 cards I mentioned or what just curious

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
Re: The Voice Of The Voiceless ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:15:50 AM »
You can’t play reversals like Strangle Hold and Backlash to Punk’s shoot maneuvers while TVoTV is in his ring.

The Voice of the Voiceless applies a restriction on the opposing player, not on the actual reversal card or the shoot maneuver itself.

IF what TVotV said was “Your shoot maneuvers gain the text ‘Cannot be reversed by non-Superstar-Specific 3D+ reversals.’” that would be an attempt to modify the maneuvers, and RMS would apply. But the focus of the relevant effect of TVotV specifically references and limits your opponent.