Author Topic: Maneuvers/cards from ringside Aces?  (Read 127 times)

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Maneuvers/cards from ringside Aces?
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:53:47 AM »
I know Ace abilities are from The Ring area but was curious. so cards like Booker's thrust kick, Kidney punch, And The BlindSide cards as well as  other card  effects with similar text  being able to be played from the ringside pile are all not Aces right? even with very similar effects to Aces just from the ringside pile?

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Maneuvers/cards from ringside Aces?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »
Effects from zones that are not the Ring cannot, by definition, be ACEs, even effects like the Brothers of Destruction card whose name I can’t remember (Hellraisers to the End, maybe?) that move from the Ring to other zones, can be triggered from either zone, and are ACEs in the Ring. They cannot be reversed from other zones with ACE reversals.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Maneuvers/cards from ringside Aces?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 11:24:43 AM »
An effect is an Activated Card Effect if it A) comes from a card in your Ring, B) has a cost to activate it, and C) produces a discrete effect for that cost. If any of those letters are missing, it's not an ACE. Card is not in your Ring (Ringside / RFG / opponent's Ring)? Not an ACE. Card has no cost ("when you successfully play a maneuver, draw a card")? Not an ACE.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.