Author Topic: Handful of rules questions  (Read 333 times)

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Handful of rules questions
« on: November 22, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
My group plays classic and Harrison questions that have come up.

Question 1: Does rms bypass we face each other as God intended effect of no player may play cards with "win via pinfall victory"?? RMS says that basically RMS cards cannot be modified by other cards we face each other just prevents players from playing the card similarly how it was ruled with a RMS Card cannot be played if censorship match chooses it.

Question 2: Vince McMahon interferes is an ace, if my opponent uses it during my turn can I DTTAH (dont try this at home) to reverse Vince interferes? and do I continue my turn or does it end my turn just wondering how that works because it's during my turn? Thanks odd question XD

question 3: For the Love of the Game says your opponent cannot play reversals to the maneuver so does that make it not reversible for the purposes of reversing it with sidewalk slam? Simple version can you sidewalk slam the maneuver played after For the Love of the Game?

Question 4: My Sacrifice says the maximum number of your pre-match is increased by 2. So it covers itself and gives you another one correct? it doesn't cover itself and give you + 2 correct?  because if it works the way I think of covering itself and giving you an additional pre-match ( similar to how a title belt and champ is here covers the belt and itself for the pre-match count) why wouldn't you just play the card you would play after it without the cost of My Sacrifice and potentially walking into being hit by I'm gonna to break you?

Question 5: Edge's spear TB says reverse any card played after the card titled Irish Whip or any other Set-up card so does it reverse a setup card or a card played after a set of card?

Question 6: the card always have a plan B says when overturned reverse in a strike grapple or sub maneuver and in your opponent's turn. This card from the game and put one card from your hand on the bottom of the Arsenal. The period Separating to the two sentences brings up the question if you have no cards in your hand you cannot pay the post cost so will it still reverse one of those maneuvers?

Question 7: is a mid match card blanked by road to Victory blank until end of turn or for the rest of the game and or as long as road to Victory isn't removed or blanked itself if it does stay blank does that include the maneuver damage if a maneuver???

Question 8: does divine intervention completely reverse a multi since it says completely?

Much thanks in advance sometimes rules written and rules as intended contradict with English so we always like to ask

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:51:35 AM by Nicodemvs »

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Handful of rules questions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »
Q1: RMS does not bypass we face as it is a play restriction. It does not modify the played card,which is what RMS is trying to prevent.

Q3: No you cannot. It can be reversed BY ACE Reversals like Armageddon is upon us or Managed by Jimmy. Sidewalk slam TB only reverses cards that cannot be reversed.

Eg. Juke and Jive, or a maneuver played after Turn the Tide.
It does not reverse Boot Lace even though it states cannot be reversed from hand.

Q4: Yes. It increases your slot by 2,but My Sac takes up 1 slot.

Not sure bout Q2 and 5.

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 07:41:04 PM »
Thanks Keith, Man For the Love of the Game is so good XD
Keith do you think you could breakdown for me why someone would play My Sacrifice instead of just playing the card they were going to play after My Sacrifice? Or is it just to have more pre match cards on the board cuz at least with a belt and The champ is here you get the benefit of plus 2 mid-match just trying to understand why it would be used if it takes a bus lot what gives you a bonus one and makes you remove four cards from the game.

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 05:36:12 AM »
Q2: Your opponent can use reversals on your turn. So if you ACE Vince to play a move or action, he can reverse it and end your turn. If you ACE it to play a reversal on your opponents turn, he cannot play reversals to it.

Q4: My Sacrifice takes up a slot, but gives you two additional slots, so if you play it as your last prematch, you can play two more cards. (If you’re playing with 5 slots, 5+2 = 7 prematch).

Q5: Pre the FAQ:
Edge’s Spear (Throwback)
-This will reverse a card played after any other Set-up besides Irish Whip, but will not reverse the Set-up itself, unless it was played after another Set-up card.  EXAMPLE:  Edge’s Spear would reverse a maneuver played after Chain Wrestling, but not the Chain Wrestling itself.

Q6: If Plan B has the word “Must” then your assumptions are correct. If not, complete the text to the best of your ability.

Q7: Road to Victory blanks until the end of turn.

Q8: If Divine says completely, then it completely reverses.

Hope that fills in the blanks.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:39:09 AM by Scotty »

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
Q6: You don't need a card in hand to reverse with Plan B. You'll bottom a card if you have one; if you don't, that effect just does nothing and you move on.

Everything else in this thread is correct. In future, though, please avoid doing these question megathreads, as they make the Rules Forum harder to search for other users. Make each question its own thread, thank you.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
Deva would you rather I ask them all individually will I get in trouble for possibly spamming if theres like 6 questions?

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 08:48:21 AM »
Definitely! Since the search function is there and anyone who faces a similar qn can search for it.

It would have cause be good if you can do some due diligence in checking the Omni FAQ in the rules section (which is for classic only), and also do a quick search to see if your qn has been asked and solved before.

That said, don't worry about posting multiple qns! It ultimately benefits you, and the future players that could be asking them.

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 01:42:12 PM »
No problem I just didn't want to get in trouble for like spamming a bunch of questions and I always do try to check the FAQ and it's resolved a lot of the questions some people are more argumentative as you've seen and I do apologize for him acting like that that's not appropriate. The FAQ and the timing breakdown have saved me from asking the dozens of questions. And I always tried to say when a question is just about clarification when it's for clarification it's really more we all get it we just want to make sure that there's not some random thing that says otherwise I do appreciate all the help Keith you're always super chill.

I asked on the rawdeal classic part of the form if there was ever a banned list do you know if there ever was one Keith I haven't been able to find one searching I asked Creed but it's Thanksgiving and I've never gotten a reply from him in like 2 years XD

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »
There is no banned list
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
I figured there wasn't and just maybe some small shops that people had played at in the past banned certain things which is hilarious because I'm trying to get the group to at least introduce VC backstage shenanigan cards