Author Topic: Dumb question is the Backstage and backstage cards apart of prematch?  (Read 600 times)

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
I'm sure it's a dumb question to all of you but long story short are backstage cards considered pre match cards? I say no cuz they're in a separate Zone and they happened before pre match my friend argues it doesn't specifically say they're not and they're purple therefore they are.

Long version of the story is we were playing a throwback game Andre the Giant vs Big Show classic we face each other as God intended your opponent's hand size is -1 for each pre match card in there ring area Big Show you can't manhandle The Big Show your opponent's pre match cards can't affect your hand size it didn't end up mattering because I activated and hid we face each other as God intended but just a rules question thanks in advance. Also if anyone has a breakdown of Andres classic ability that would be appreciated my friend is very argumentative so unless it comes from you guys I'm always wrong even when I'm not wrong.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb question is the Backstage and backstage cards apart of prematch?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 11:26:08 PM »
It's good to always put the card text and look through the rules page! But not to fret, here is what is lacking:

These are extracted directly from the Omni FAQ found at this link

Andre The Giant
-If Andre’s opponent passes without playing any cards, Andre may use his Ability.
-Andre cannot use his ability if he ends the turn by reversing his opponent’s first card from hand, Ring area, or Ringside pile.  However, he can use his ability if he reverses his opponent’s second card from Arsenal.
-If Andre’s opponent continues his turn (Rabid Wolverine, for example) and plays a third card, Andre cannot use his ability any longer on this turn.
-If the opponent's cards, effects, or Superstar Ability cause him to end his turn, Andre's Ability will still take place.  EXAMPLE:  The Largest Athlete in Sports Entertainment or Mr. PPV.
-As Superstar Abilities are not active before the Draw Segment unless specified, if a player ends his turn by removing Obey, Andre's ability cannot be used.
-Andre can pack Faction Pre-match cards, as they are Superstar-specific and can be packed by any Superstar.

Backstage Area
-The new zone of the game is called the Backstage Area.  Enforcer cards and Superstar cards are all revealed from the Backstage Area.
-The only cards legal to pack in the Backstage Area are those with specific wording that allows them to be packed, or cards named by the Superstar Ability that may be revealed.
-All Enforcer cards now have Most Recent Printing stating that they are revealed from the Backstage Area.
-Cards revealed from the Backstage Area are not considered to be in your Ring Area.
-You do not have to reveal every card in your Backstage Area.  Cards that remain unrevealed cannot be used in the game until they are revealed.
-The Backstage Area follows the Face/Heel and Raw/Smackdown rules for deck construction, and must correspond to your Arsenal and Backlash deck.
-You cannot have more than one of each card in your Backstage Area.
-'Hide' is a new term in Raw Deal. When applied to Backstage cards, they are no longer revealed, and have no effect on the game.
-The Backstage Area is a public area of the game, an opponent may see the cards in the Backstage Area during the game.
-Unless specified, only one copy of any card can be packed in the Backstage Area, with the exception of Test who can pack and reveal two copies of Unique Backstage Area cards like WWE Signing Appearance.
-Unless otherwise stated, Backstage Area cards are revealed when revealing the Superstar card.  This is done simultaneously, including choosing any Enforcers from revealed Enforcer cards.  There is no option to wait until an opponent has revealed his Backstage Area cards or chosen an Enforcer to make these choices.

We Face Each Other as God Intended
Backstage Area
Can only be revealed from your Backstage Area when you reveal your Superstar card.
Your opponent’s Starting Hand Size is -1 for each Pre-match card in his Ring area.
No player may play a card with the words “You win the game via Pinfall victory” in the text.
During your turn you may hide this card and then all players put all cards in their hand on top of their Arsenal. Your opponent searches his Arsenal for 1 card, reveals it to you, puts it into his hand, and shuffles his Arsenal. Search your Arsenal for 2 cards, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
Unique

Mine Is Bigger Than Yours
Pre-match Event
Your opponent's Pre-match cards do not reduce your Starting Hand Size.
The maximum number of Pre-match and Mid-match cards you may have in your Ring area is increased by 1. Your Starting Hand Size is +1.
The maximum number of Pre-match and Mid-match cards your opponent may have in his Ring area is decreased by 1. His Starting Hand Size is -1.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique

TLDR: Backstage cards are in backstage area which is different from your Ring where your backlash cards go to when played. Mine is Bigger than Yours will stop your opponent from reducing your handsize.

Edit after being corrected by Rachelmon (Thanks!): Mine is Bigger than Yours block only Pre-match effects, but We Faced Each Other as God Intended is a backstage card, so will affect still reduce your handsize.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 12:08:21 AM by Keith0913832 »

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 11:59:18 PM »
What i understand is:
Mine is bigger than yours states your opponent's prematch cards do not reduce your starting handsize. The reduce handsize effect comes from backstage therefore We face each other will reduce big show's handsize depending on how many prematch does big show played in this scenario.

Offline Nicodemvs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
Yeah I figured that's how it worked too Rachelmon

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 10:15:22 AM »
I don't have the time of energy to wade through the wall of text, but spreading misinformation is not welcome on this site.

Pre-match and Backstage cards are clearly two different things, in the rules and visibly so.  Anyone saying otherwise is not being honest, and personal attacks are still not welcome here.

Rules answer given, my apologies to those who spent time on responses, but I'd prefer not to have anyone come along and have to read through that nonsense thinking there's some truth or other viewpoint there.

Thanks to those who spent time trying to clarify, though, I appreciate you.  :)

CREED
Lock (again)  :)
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard