Author Topic: batista injured  (Read 3028 times)

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
batista injured
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
Be it storyline or real, he's injured again. It is reported that he will be out for 4 months. If that's the case, why didn't he vacate the WWE championship? It is still under his name.
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: batista injured
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
They knew he was injured BEFORE the show tonight.  In fact, they knew he was injured BEFORE the cage match on the PPV.  I could see toughing it out to deliver on the match, but for pete's sake, he should have been injured IN the match and left the title on Orton.  Raw would play out exactly the same in that scenario.  And if you don't want Orton/HHH to be for the title, have another match, HHH interferes, costs Orton the title, bam - solved.

Oh wait, this is the company that released Umaga and Kennedy but gets Chris Masters back - without his 'roid physique.

And you're looking for reason and logic here?  ;)  Dude, this is the WWE... haha

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:33:37 PM »
I'm hoping that this is their way of getting the title completely away from the Orton/HHH feud, though I despair of that actually being the case. It appears that on the next Raw, there will be a 4 way match with Orton, H, Cena, and Big Show for the title. My preference would be for them to put the belt on the Show for a month or three, and maybe give us something fresh for once, something where Show decides to just stomp on an army of random challengers (MVP? Kofi? Hell, give Matt Hardy and William Regal-level people a good 15-20 minutes with the Show?) before a big name finally comes (a returning Shawn Michaels would be fantastic here, if not just letting Show run until Batista is back) and takes the belt, while H and Orton do their thing, and Cena farts around with the Miz.

Of course, the odds of each man winning:

HHH - 33%
Orton - 33%
Cena - 33%
Big Show - 0.5%
Koko B. Ware - 0.5%

But it'd be nice to see SOMETHING different for once.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:52:18 AM »

But it'd be nice to see SOMETHING different for once.

Agree completely. Give the strap to show for a while.. Its something different. Most of the uber faces they have now do much better going after the belt than when they have it.
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:17 AM »
I was so looking forward to seeing MVP get the chance to step up and battle with Legacy for a while too.... grrrrr

effing HHH ruins everything as always :p
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 06:53:49 AM »
I get a feeling Cena wont make it to the match with either Big Show attacking him backstage or Miz doing something to take him from the match and maybe MVP gets inserted that way.  Also a lot of suspensions are being handed out this weekend as WWE told their writers not to come up with something for a bunch of wrestlers

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07:02:19 AM »
Assuming that sources are correct and more suspensions are on the way, what the he'll is wrong with these guys? One time I could understand, but how can you be dumb enough to wreck your career by getting caught multiple times and know the consequences.  I know some of these guys aren't all smart, but even my dog can learn lessons of consequence.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"