Author Topic: What a time to be a wrestling fan  (Read 211 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
What a time to be a wrestling fan
« on: October 16, 2019, 04:01:42 AM »
The Billy Corgan-led NWA now has a weekly YouTube show called NWA Powerrr. That show is a trip: it's old school done by the new school. It's done in a retraux style, with the studio looking like it did in 1984, a live studio audience, and just a general throwback vibe.

Last night's episode featured some debuts. Among them:

-Trevor Murdoch (!)
-Ken Anderson (!!)
-Aron Stevens (!!!)

The thing that sticks out about this show: the promos. Everyone's buzzing about Chris Jericho's masterclass promo last week on AEW Dynamite. I'd argue that NWA Powerrr is a show that demonstrates EXACTLY how to do a promo. Every promo that's given draws me in and keeps me hooked.

You can check out NWA Powerrr on the NWA YouTube channel. Tune in and I guarantee you'll be................. ...........FALLIN' INTO THE FIRE.

DISCLAIMER: Tony Falk's House of Waffles and Tire Irons is not real. Austin Idol's Universal Wrestling College however ABSOLUTELY is real.

MLW on Mondays, NWA on Tuesdays, AEW on Wednesdays......... ....what's a WWE?
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: What a time to be a wrestling fan
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »
NWA Powerrr is what got me back into watching wrestling in a way that AEW hasn't. Definitely give it a watch.

(The two superfluous Rs in the name Are really dumb, though.)
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.