Author Topic: #F*ck The Revival  (Read 391 times)

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
#F*ck The Revival
« on: October 26, 2019, 09:03:06 PM »
The Revival (Bash/FF)

Backstage
#FTR (Freakin weak card)
Pulled some Strings...
Tag Team Shenanigans
All shenanigans, signny & anniversary

Arsenal 60

Actions 6
Proud Southern Boys (weak card)
Top Guys
I'll BASH you to Five
Kristal: Broadcast Beauty
Mania
Two time two time

Maneuvers 17
Whirlwind Kick
Blindside Hook x3
Bash Headlock x3
Bash Suplex x3
Double Team tb
Blindside Tornado Strike x2
Spinin Wristlock... Of Doom
Dash's Inverted Figure 4 (Fort way too high)
Back Throw
Classic Bulldog Lariat (for Precision Haymaker)

Reversals 37
Breaking Ground
You Missed Your Chance
Divine Intervention
Our Bite... Our Bark (12 fort card 90% of the time)
The Return Bash....W-O-R-M
A Revolution of the Mind x3
Elbow to the face x2
One!
That's Gonna Cost You! x2
Hold the Phone!
Raw Deal Revolution
GTFO x3
Carlito says...
Blindside Control
No Chance In Hell tb x2
U won't Bash Me!
Blindside Tag Team Tactics
Don't try... X3
Don't be a douchebag
Out of nowhere
No Flips - Just Fists
Sidewalk slam tb x2
Spine Buster tb
Dawson's Cradle DDT
Shatter Machine

Prematch 12
I'm Gonna Bash yr Brains In
Handicap Match tb
Find out... From Finlay
WWF Tag belts
Evening Up the Odds
I'll Taunt U...
One of the Big Boys
It's Time for a GAB x2
Frankie Takes Hollywood (To Finish off opponent with reversal dmg, beside tat's the whole pt for packin tat's gonna cost u😉)
Making yr Escape
A Quick Bash-ing

Midmatch 12
Introduce yr Brain...
Classic Teamwork
Backlash
Old Sch Brawl
Your Reach
When u thought...
As graceful as cow...
Sustained dmg
Restricted use
Desperate Tag
Clink Me
Buying myself some time

So I gave myself a challenge & had a go at the Revival & here is my honest review.

1st thing 1st, pple will definitely ask y no say yeah/shut up & wrestle combo and y go bash & give up Ready to Fight, Hot Tag/Parther interferes?

Say yeah honestly is a very useless card, at least for me, max anyone shld go with non specific blindside reversal is maybe 1blindside ego tb & 1/2 blindside control(mainly use to reverse Mania since most actions tat counts r specfics/unique). The overturn & recover 1 non hybrid maneuver is a direct contradict to the purpose of you going blindside. Shut up to wrestle is really a crap card, for those tat say it is plus 3 hand, it really is not. It is highly dependent on chance for the 3 cards (worse Case scenanrio: divine, one, out of nowhere r te 3 cards) & u only add them to yr hand 1 card at a time per yr turn, so if u dun start 1st plus distracting Divas, u won't get yr so call 3 free hand til turn 6.
The only way to sort of arrange the 3 cards is to use managed by wwe divas, even tat is a really dependent on chance. To make it worst, Say yeah & shut up & wrestle r not free slot.

Now about Ready to fight, on paper very strong & gives u gd recursion power. Yes it is free slot but it is ptless if there is no free packing Slots for them to yr already super cramp mid match packin space.
Next with 0 drawing ability or mechanism, 80% of the time u won't even dare to ace RTF(Even when I'm on evening up the odds) in fear of no protection on opponent's turn if he dttah u. Unless U do not nd to discard Reversals to ace of RTF, these combo is really meh.

Now to the biggest problem with the revival, arsenal construction & fort gain.
Back to y I went bash, goin heel or face will make yr arsenal be overly packed with reversals n face a gignatic problem against stall decks n oswm tb decks cos of the lack of maneuver. I went Bash for some much needed starting fort & attempt for some synergy with proud southern boys(though honestly the card is a chance based n really don't do much)

Next is fort gain, #FTR really does nth for yr fort gain, most of the time, yr blindside hook won't get it the whole game or til late game which by den, u have no comeback. (usually u will lose to a backslide or inside cradle by late game)
Flip a card to play reversal is really ptless becos it doesn't exclude backlash cards, with most player playing all 12 prematch, it will take a super long time bfore yr blindside move can get in, cos there r just way too many backlash  cards to be flip. (& not to mention giving opponent the chance to free up mid match slot).
Oso, if u somehow gain fort fast enugh, opponent will flip own maneuver to gain a shoot lock up to open for shoit counter, though this is highly unlikely, given the Revival's super weak fort gain ability)
Honestly if u wana make then go blindside, let the blindside be non ff or cheater & not lock them down to tb, cos no one will go blindside beal toss over blindside hook. Can take a thing or 2 from macho man to reduce or negate the penalty for playin blindside moves from rsp.

After formin 4 diff builds over 3 days, 1 finalised with the build on top & went to tried it out ytd with my play grp in SG,. Other then 2 fluke wins(totally nv use #FTR at all cos my opponent's hand was crap & bash decks usually overrun heel decks if they fail to get GTFO fort), the rest of the matches are one sided beatings from opponents as expected.

Final thoughts: The Revival is a really poorly thought out deck, with cards & strategy that contradicts themself, basically the inverted Cimpa of this expansion in terms of thoughts in card making.
BASICALLY THE WEAKEST DECK I HAVE EVEN FORM!
Really for Tag reversal packability, Demolition (but it is restictive in move pool & kind of boring) is 1000x stronger den the revival.
I REALLY WISH THERE WILL BE SOME ERATA & REVISION TO THE REVIVAL, COS THEY DESERVE BETTER FOR THE AMAZING TEAM THEY ARE! EVEN CHANGIN ABILITY TO CHOOSE BTW DRAW OR DISCARD IS BETTER THEN THE CURRENT.

SIDE NOTE, U can go chain to build some fort but dun rely on chain route for victory cos yr hand is miserably small (can always go nowinski route! Shout out to rachelmon) & yr cards dun minus opponent's hand fast enugh.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:58:11 PM by Naitchng »

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
Re: #F*ck The Revival
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »
I heard your shout out and here i am!
NOWINSKI FTW!

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 05:05:44 AM »
You don't have to give up Ready to Fight in the Revival.....they're superstar specific for them :)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:06:13 AM »
You could always start with chain and then finish with blindside. Even better, Blindside cards LOVE to be discarded for the chain trait
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 06:09:55 AM »
I did tried chain, but really it is kind of meh (rmb i formed 4 diff builds, namely chain, heat, volley & bash). Actually I even thought of goin that's value with 3 iof, yolo style wwe homecoming, no escape unique, pure blindside & precision route, just tat all has their problems.) Beside u won't have much arsenal space with the all the tag reversals, chain n blindside. I understand yr pt on the discard but honestly with the hand u be havin with revival, u won't be discard much to use the chain trait search, cos yr hand is really miserably small without any form of drawing powe, especially if yr opponent is oso using chain. Not to mention the fact tat the thought of u wanting to use 0f chain moves to bridge into higher fort blindside is in a way agreeing that #FTR so called fort gain assist for blindside moves are redundant & freakin unreliable, keep in mind that the longer the match goes, the more useless it becomes. Only time it is useful is when yr opponent start 1st, u reverse him and just haven every single one of his prematch are permanent or active.
As for RTF, u can't pack with bash cos #FTR didn't not say when packin, RTF are specific, only when u reveal #FTR, then they are considered specifics.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:46:45 AM by Naitchng »