Author Topic: Moving from ring  (Read 253 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Moving from ring
« on: August 11, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »
If I reverse an ACE of a non permanent card and its sent to the ringside pile, does that count as moving it from ring? For example Collegiate Champions says if your opponent moves this card from your ring area to look at my opponents hand and discard a chosen card. But I didn't move Champions with something like Drop Toe Hold I just reversed the ACE and in doing so does my opponent get to use the effect or not?

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Moving from ring
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
Any time it goes from your ring to anywhere else by any means, it is moved from your ring.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
Don't Try This at Home says right in the text of the card that it moves the ACE card from your ring. In that case yes Collegiate Champs would trigger.

Other reversals don't necessarily move it.

The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:48:46 PM »
My favourite superhero makes an important distinction that I'm going to hammer on again: reversing an ACE does NOT automatically kick the card that generated that ACE out of the Ring. The reversal to the ACE has to specifically say that it moves the card for that to happen, like Don't Try This at Home does.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.