Author Topic: Saturn's ability and Flawless Transition  (Read 144 times)

Offline Painmaker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Saturn's ability and Flawless Transition
« on: August 10, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »
Does a person have to discard an extra card to reverse Flawless Transition from hand or backlash for Saturn's ability, or does the RMS on it mean that he still only has to discard 2?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:43:33 PM by Painmaker »

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Saturn's ability and Flawless Transition
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 06:17:23 AM »
I believe that your opponent would have to discard an additional card for both Flawless Transition and your Chain Maneuver if they wished to reverse from either hand or backlash.

Saturn's ability is not modifying the card flawless transition or the chain trait, it is instead forcing your opponent to discard 1 card in order to play a reversal card from hand or backlash in response to your chain cards.

This is similar to effects such as Old School Psychology (vs. backlash cards) and Indian Strap Match (vs. actions).

This is my understanding of the cards, but I may be wrong.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Re: Saturn's ability and Flawless Transition
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 08:03:29 AM »
WCW / ECW Superstar Ability:  During each of your turns, when you have not played Everything and the Kitchen Sink your opponent discards 1 card in order to be able to reverse your Chain or Foreign Object maneuver cards from hand or Backlash.
You cannot pack maneuver cards that are not Chain or Foreign Object, unless they are Grapples with 'suplex' in the title (which are now Chain) or Sidewalk Slam.  You may pack No Sell Maneuver cards and Technical Superiority.
V2

Flawless Transition
Mid-match Grapple / Submission: Chain
Cannot be packed by Shelton Benjamin, Test, or New Nexus.
Can only be played with a non-Superstar-specific printed F: 0 Chain maneuver. When played, choose Grapple or Submission; this card is considered to be only the chosen type for the rest of the turn.
Your opponent cannot play Over Sell Maneuver in response; unless both maneuvers are reversed when played, both are successfully played.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     RMS logo

Full card text for full visibility. Saturn's ability isn't modifying Flawless Transition but the opponent's ability to play reversals to it.  Saturn's opponent will have to discard an extra card to reverse Flawless Transition even with it's cool little RMS symbol on it.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king