Author Topic: Natural Disasters Question  (Read 135 times)

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Natural Disasters Question
« on: August 06, 2019, 06:35:22 AM »
Unstoppable Forces of Nature     (Natural Disasters logo)
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Search your Arsenal and Ringside for up to 10 cards with 'splash' in the title and put them under this card.  At the end of the Pre-match phase, put 1 of those cards into your hand and shuffle the cards under this card into your Arsenal.
Do not discard or move Superstar-specific cards from your Ring for reversals to your Activated Card Effects.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may reveal 1 card in your hand with 'splash' in the title, and then put it on the bottom of your Arsenal and your opponent puts 1 card from his hand on the bottom of his Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     WWF Classic logo

Tidal Wave Splash     (Natural Disasters logo)
Trademark Finisher
Can only be played as a Counter or after a successfully played card.
When this card is revealed for Unstoppable Forces of Nature, draw 1 card.
F: 25     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     RMS logo     WWF Classic logo

I totally understand the interaction with the ACE for Unstoppable and Tidal Wave Splash as intended but here's my question: Since you have to technically reveal the 10 Splash cards for Forces when you search can you choose Tidal Wave Splash as one of the 10 and then draw 1 card since it's technically being revealed for Forces?
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Painmaker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Natural Disasters Question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »
I think the wording means that if you reveal the card for the ACE effect of the pre-match card not the actual searching and putting under the card itself.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Natural Disasters Question
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 02:02:12 PM »
Please note the Rules Forum is for receiving answers from those who handle the rules of the game, opinions don't really fit here, though we thank you for the effort.

Back to the OP:  while not intended originally, as you point out, they're both revealing the card, so you would draw for both effects, yes.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard