Author Topic: Virtual 10: Breaking Ground  (Read 6500 times)

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual 10: Breaking Ground
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
CTRL-F "Virtual 10 release not found"

Did i miss something? lol

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2019, 01:53:57 PM »
Patience.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
its slow at work need something to kill the next hour lol

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »
its slow at work need something to kill the next hour lol

Grab a Chainsaw
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +19/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2019, 02:15:10 PM »
Virtual 10: Breaking Ground is now available for download!

Few notes to bring up.

Superstar Guides will be up later this week. We had some last minutes changes to wording, phrasing etc. The downloadable cards are the final wording for the set.

Lackey patch update. Hopefully this will be out in a week. There is an ongoing project headed by Mitch to create a Raw Deal patch for OCTGN. This is a regularly supported program that Lackey does not offer. Head over to the Discord channel to find out more about this. https://discord.gg/mr4KTEw

Other than that here's the set everyone! This is my first release as Lead Developer and it's been a fun and stressful experience.

In no specific order I also want to thank Scott, Evan, Scott, John, Scott, Brian, Nate, John, Adam, Cameron, Mitch, Hugo, Creed, their playgroups that helped playtest & anyone I may have missed. If it wasn't for this group of people sets like this would not be possible.

http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,5753.msg70993.html#msg70993
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:36:35 PM by Eric RD »
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »
Excited to see the set released but is it just me or does some of the font on some of the cards seem smaller than usual and kind of mushy effect. More so notice it on the Backlash cards.

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +19/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »
Excited to see the set released but is it just me or does some of the font on some of the cards seem smaller than usual and kind of mushy effect. More so notice it on the Backlash cards.

Part of the learning curve. I’m using a different program and my methods are a little differently.
When this set is out for a little bit we’ll look it all over, find the areas to improve on and make the next set look better.

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »
Got the cards downloaded and printed.... oh the time to work on new decks have arrived. This weekend is going to be solid. Love the work you guys put in... Again if you need any help do not hesitate to call the Oklahoma Crew in to help.
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +19/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2019, 09:37:30 PM »
Lackey update has been completed and now available to download.

http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,12440.0.html

Superstar guides will be coming by the end of the week.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2019, 09:13:48 PM »
Sorry, a random question and reviving the thread.

Just wanted to know if there's a reason why some of the superstars in the set aren't NXT? Feel like there's a lack of consistency when it comes to whether the superstar is taken from his/her NXT days e.g. Revival was way more popular during their NXT tenure than their main roster run, etc.

Able to just share the design thoughts behind why some are NXT and some aren't?

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »

Just wanted to know if there's a reason why some of the superstars in the set aren't NXT? Feel like there's a lack of consistency when it comes to whether the superstar is taken from his/her NXT days e.g. Revival was way more popular during their NXT tenure than their main roster run, etc.

The ones that are no longer in NXT are not NXT Superstars. We want to keep the game and superstars as updated as possible. And while the Revival were certainly more popular (and better used) in NXT, they have been on the main roster well over a year.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2019, 11:26:29 PM »

The ones that are no longer in NXT are not NXT Superstars. We want to keep the game and superstars as updated as possible. And while the Revival were certainly more popular (and better used) in NXT, they have been on the main roster well over a year.

I understand, however, I do feel when such changes can affect in-game synergies, it might warrant a second look.

Just off my head, Revival could have had a "free slot" Underrated Superstar, but loses it because they're now WWE. Another example would be the potential loss of a synergy card in NXT Breakout Star and some hand protection against Armageddon is Upon Us.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2019, 05:22:12 AM »
I think it's fair to assume that the design team realized that the Revival would be boosted by NXT support AND that they weren't receiving that set of cards. I think it's also fair to assume that design believed them to be well balanced without those cards, even if those cards would have helped them.

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +19/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2019, 01:59:25 PM »
The Revival was created and tested with no NXT card support in mind starting from the ground level of development.
When it comes to some hand size elements, they can easily have access to plenty of cards from the first turn. When players see a new Superstar, it's easy to quickly judge it and miss some cool tricks early on. These guys, while not top guys in the game, are not a team that should be considered bad.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »
The Revival was created and tested with no NXT card support in mind starting from the ground level of development.
When it comes to some hand size elements, they can easily have access to plenty of cards from the first turn. When players see a new Superstar, it's easy to quickly judge it and miss some cool tricks early on. These guys, while not top guys in the game, are not a team that should be considered bad.

Sorry to question, but can't help to ask wad r the cool tricks u meant?

Offline rachelmon

• +26/-21
  • Ryder-Lynch-Mahal
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »
I would also love to see those cool tricks for the revival!

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2019, 01:22:16 PM »
I'd run San Diego with them, most people will be forced to discard less powerful prematch (likely ones that aren't permanent too!) so they have much less options to flip 1 card to reverse Revival's Blindsides each turn. Clink Me can pick up 3 Ready To Fights as soon as turn 2 if you're lucky enough and really want them. I'd also run Rules Were Meant to Be Broken with them, and really focus on triggering #FTR so they can't reverse from hand.

Offline Naitchng

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »
I'd run San Diego with them, most people will be forced to discard less powerful prematch (likely ones that aren't permanent too!) so they have much less options to flip 1 card to reverse Revival's Blindsides each turn. Clink Me can pick up 3 Ready To Fights as soon as turn 2 if you're lucky enough and really want them. I'd also run Rules Were Meant to Be Broken with them, and really focus on triggering #FTR so they can't reverse from hand.

Before I start my argument, I will like to emphasise, this is not against anyone or Eric for tat matter.
I do think the Eric & his team done a really gd job for v10 & deserved our stamp of appreciation. Just in case I get condemned becos I gave criticism so that there will be improvement, I shall apologise 1st for exercising my freedom of speech & love of raw deal.

1st of all, I have a in depth review on the revival on the virtual deck review section. So if u dun get certain points I'm sayin, pls refer to tat post.

For san diego, I did thought of it but didn't go through becos of the following :
1. Without hiac, this strategy really does nth much. I am assuming u r goin on to discard makin yr escape, rtf, night of champ, wwf tag belts or my game my way. Yes i understand discard those may force yr opponent to play less pre match cards. But honestly it doesn't, i will still discard those cards i can play from ringside & with my game my way, yr opp probably dun give a crap about yr venue. And he will just flip his noc, non active rms impt prematch cards as normal.
Beside if u really r goin to discard rtf, gd luck if yr opponent goes lethal nwo poison or pyro with thrust knee lift. (Can counter with cage match, but back to lack of prematch capacity)
Assuming u r playin whatever u r suggested to play, u really won't have enugh pre match capacity for sandiego.

Clink me on turn 2?
U answered it yrself, if u're lucky.
Depending on luck is really not a go to strategy. Besides rtf really r not as strong as it seems. Early game u have nth impt to recover, yr opponent with let u in. Then keep dun try to revese rtf ace. And with the lack of draw power, 80%of the time u cannot sustain a discard from dun try which leaves u wide open to opponent's onslaught.
I have heard the lame ass argument of just discard blindside manenuvers & reversals for dun try.
This 1st of all depends on luck, u may have zero blindside in yr hand.
Also most blindside reversals r pretty useless in vc environment since they only reverse non unique or are at high fort.
Pls do not give argument like just pack more actions, cos non bash revival alreadly have their arsenal packed with tag reversals.
Once again depending on luck is a bad way to form deck.

Honestly I dun understand yr point on rules r meant to be broken in a predominantly non hybrid deck like blindside. Not to mention the point of lack of hands.

In a nut shell, dun rely on #ftr for forrtgain. It is useless after turn 1 assuming yr opponent cannot flip any of his prematch. (eg flip noc, play revo, nxt turn flip revo play 2nd revo) Oso turning everything upside down laugh at u.
So does superstar with flip cards interaction in their ability or cards.
Oso the revival given the way they are structured to be build, if u dun hit anything in by turn 3, u r on yr way to getting pin by inside cradle n backslide.

Once again I apologise for inadvertently offending anyone.
But I still think if there are errors or short comin spotted, we shld point it out, rather den spending time on talks of makin shoot lock up active, shoot lock up not count for shoot counter & killing strategy like redemption & inferno tb just becos some pple can't find a way to go ard it.

Ps shoot lock up r bread and butter for many decks as a way to gain fort. (qsbs+flawless, pump kick dun always work) I play legends all the time, i dun complain abt eating a shoot lock up. Shoot counter really depend on how savy yr opponent are. U will be praying u have shoot counter during late game against a stall deck when the roles are reversed.

Sry for side trackin to shoot lock up part.
Anyway I had provided some suggestions on how to make revival more playable on my review post, namely, say yeah+shup up & wrestle combo, more backlash capacities & packing slots, ftr, ability to choose to draw instead just discard & lesser penalty for playin blindside maneuvers.
(If u want to insist on not flipping backlash for ftr or make blindside moves non ff or cheater, perhaps may add effects like if opponent remove cards from yr ring for yr blindside card effects, he must flip 1 non face down backlash card from his ring or remove 1 random card from his hand out of te game. At least u have some benefits from using blindside sleeper & blindside drop toe hold)

Again I really love this game & wish only improvements to it. And folks once again formin deck based on luck really is a no no, I cannot stressed enugh the impt of this pt.

Ok i getting way too serious over my favourite card game, peace out guys😂
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:35:28 AM by Naitchng »