Author Topic: Virtual 10: Breaking Ground  (Read 7519 times)

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual 10: Breaking Ground
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
I'm totally fine with that.  :) Even if it means that we lose some nostalgia in the card texts.  ;D
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »
So when does the rest of the spoilers start? I have seen the Man.... via the stream.... I want to see who else is in the set and what cards are coming in this set!!!!
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2019, 11:20:18 AM »
So when does the rest of the spoilers start? I have seen the Man.... via the stream.... I want to see who else is in the set and what cards are coming in this set!!!!

If everything goes right spoilers will be in full swing this Friday. 
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »
Friday sounds great. Really looking forward to the support for older guys this time.

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2019, 01:04:42 PM »

If everything goes right spoilers will be in full swing this Friday.

That makes me look forward for the end of the week. That works for me!!!! buries his head into my Becky deck to change to the Man.
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »
I'm have this guy feeling theres going to be a Drew McIntyre remake or some kind of support!!! Maybe I'm wrong but I cant hold my excitement for this set.

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 12:55:40 PM »
The one remake i would love is a "Broken Matt Hardy" though i think the boat has sailed on that by now :(

Offline Toxic

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 05:07:13 PM »
The one remake i would love is a "Broken Matt Hardy" though i think the boat has sailed on that by now :(

Unless it's a Promo like bobby heenan and can pack matt cards!!!
Chile TCO Commisioner!!!

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 05:30:25 PM »
Starting this Friday Breaking Ground spoilers will begin. Rather than posting them all directly on TCO, you can find then on various social media accounts and platforms that have had their hand in keeping Virtual going strong.

Each day one of these will have a new spoiler.
Velacards
OMG Games - Facebook group
Discord - TCO Channel
Raw Deal SG - Facebook page
WWE Raw Deal - Facebook group

Check these out, as well as here, for Virtual 10: Breaking Ground spoilers.

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2019, 08:50:53 PM »
I like this plan.  Its a cool way to pay back some awesomeness
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2019, 01:21:35 PM »
Spoilers have started for Johnny Gargano over on the Velacards social media pages.
Go check them out ans share your thoughts!

JOHNNY GARGANO
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 3
NXT Superstar Ability: Your cards with 'technical' in the title are not Set-ups. Once during your turn, you may discard 1 card and choose Chain, Heat or Volley: 4. Your maneuvers with 'technical' in the title are considered to have that trait until the start of your next turn. Do not remove Heat cards from the game for your Superstar-specific card effects.

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »
Second card revealed for Johnny Gargano.

Slingshot Spear
High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -6F and can only be played as a Counter.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards from any Ring or Ringside.
F: 10     D: 9     SV: 1     Unique     NXT logo

Offline necrobaron75

• +29/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »
Gargano look like he could be a cool deck,been wanting to try technical again
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
Card #3 for Gargano.

Backed by Candice
Reversal: Card: Run-in
When this card reverses, even from Arsenal, put it in your Ring instead of any other location.
Shuffle cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal equal to the Fortitude of the reversed card.
When you have 15+ lower Fortitude, replace ‘double’ with ‘triple' on your Johnny Wrestling.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique    Permanent      NXT logo

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2019, 10:38:39 PM »
Here's the full Johnny Gargano set. Check out the images on the Velacards social media pages.

Tomorrow on Discord we'll be revealing some more spoilery goodness. https://discord.gg/cTAbwH4

JOHNNY GARGANO
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 3
NXT Superstar Ability: Your cards with 'technical' in the title are not Set-ups. Once during your turn, you may discard 1 card and choose Chain, Heat or Volley: 4. Your maneuvers with 'technical' in the title are considered to have that trait until the start of your next turn. Do not remove Heat cards from the game for your Superstar-Specific card effects.

Rebel Heart
Backstage Card
Your maneuvers with ‘technical’ & 'dynamic' in the title are considered to have both 'dynamic' & 'technical' in the title.
You may pack up to 1 Chain Reaction, 1 Spontaneous Combustion, 1 Opening Volley and, 1 Technically Sound & Brutal in your backstage. They are Unique and Superstar-Specific.
At the end of the Pre-match phase you may put those cards into your Ring.
Unique        RMS logo     NXT logo

Johnny Wrestling
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
When you have lower fortitude, your opponent does not draw for his reversal effects and you may overturn the same number of cards instead of discarding for your Ability.
Your first maneuver played each turn with 'technical' in the title cannot be reversed by Hold the Phone or Shoot Counter.
Double the numbers on your Chain Reaction, Spontaneous Combustion and Technically Sound and Brutal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     NXT logo

Johnny Takeover
Mid-match Action
When your opponent has 3+ reversals in his Ring and your maneuver is unsuccessful put this card into your Ring and then draw 2 cards.
You may choose up to 2 effects for your Ability.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may remove 1 card with 'technical' in your Ring from the game and then your opponent removes 2 random non-Heat cards in his Ringside from the game.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     NXT logo

Garga-No Escape
Trademark Finisher / Reversal Special
Can only be reversed by non-Unique reversals or Escape Move. Cannot be reversed from Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any Grapple (including Shake).
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     NXT logo

Slingshot Spear
High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -6F and can only be played as a Counter.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards from any Ring or Ringside.
F: 10     D: 9     SV: 1     Unique     NXT logo

Lawn Dart
Grapple + High Risk
When played as a Counter, cannot be reversed from hand.
Your opponent discards 3 cards and your next maneuver played this turn is considered Chain, Heat and Volley: 4.
F: 15     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique     Multi

Backed by Candice
Reversal: Card: Run-in
When this card reverses, even from Arsenal, put it in your Ring instead of any other location.
Shuffle cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal equal to the Fortitude of the reversed card.
When you have 15+ lower Fortitude, replace ‘double’ with ‘triple' on your Johnny Wrestling.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique    Permanent      NXT logo
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:44:59 PM by Eric RD »

Offline Jfman89

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2019, 01:27:41 AM »
Gargano is wild. Wheres the balance? I hope all of v10 is not as broken as gargano. Unbelievable how good he is with no downside.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2019, 01:38:49 AM »
I hope that the rest of the Superstars are balanced, because Gargano is nonsense, he should have some drawbacks.

He should be unable to pack dynamically inclined, find out how to fight from finlay (just asking to make everything submissions and rely heavily on unorthodox style).
Dont see why he should be exempt from shoot lockup or hold the phone when you can make all your moves chain...
To avoid stupid regeneration, you could at least ban Matt striker or luck of the draw or calgary ur looking at around 3-5 card regen every turn.

I really hope the rest are not this broken.

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2019, 01:52:36 AM »
I wish some of my favourites were so powerful like Gargano. After only one spoiler I think he could be the next top guy at tournaments. When you play with this guy, only one player on the table has fun. I'm not a tournament player, but I'm playing since 2002 and know a lot about this game, but if you would ask me what to do against him, I can't tell you instantly. Chain barrier might be a good choice in the next events.  ;)

Offline Jfman89

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2019, 01:53:05 AM »
I hope that the rest of the Superstars are balanced, because Gargano is nonsense, he should have some drawbacks.

He should be unable to pack dynamically inclined, find out how to fight from finlay (just asking to make everything submissions and rely heavily on unorthodox style).
Dont see why he should be exempt from shoot lockup or hold the phone when you can make all your moves chain...
To avoid stupid regeneration, you could at least ban Matt striker or luck of the draw or calgary ur looking at around 3-5 card regen every turn.

I really hope the rest are not this broken.

Agreed dude. Its wild.

Im not looking forward to seeing ronda. Everything with arm and judo in the title can't be responded to. I'm calling it if looking at gargano is any indication of whats to come haha

Offline daftw

• +0/-1
  • If you ain't Phenomenal, you don't want none!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2019, 02:48:43 AM »
Seen the spoiler for the Pre-match "Johnny Wrestling". I have to say, not the best choice of photo used for it. Hope you could make changes to it.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2019, 04:58:24 AM »
I'm not being funny but have you guys actually thought gargano through. He has access to so much support. A volley call could see almost his entire ringside being shuffled in. Not to mention backed by candice. If you can reverse any card I dont think you need to be able to shuffle in like between 0 and 50 aswell.

This superstar is a joke lads. Might as well of just gave him the ability of shuffle his ringside into arsenal every turn. Need to add something like cannot pack chain, heat or volley cards to balance him out.

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2019, 06:40:23 AM »
I'm not being funny but have you guys actually thought gargano through. He has access to so much support. A volley call could see almost his entire ringside being shuffled in. Not to mention backed by candice. If you can reverse any card I dont think you need to be able to shuffle in like between 0 and 50 aswell.

This superstar is a joke lads. Might as well of just gave him the ability of shuffle his ringside into arsenal every turn. Need to add something like cannot pack chain, heat or volley cards to balance him out.

Your last paragraph screams #spoilershock so here are some playtesting notes:
Every non unique move he plays gets hit by Douchebag. If he makes moves Chain, his opponent can play restricted use (from the +1D on Chain Reaction) to avoid further restrictions, RE: Volley Call, it’s a non unique action, easiest card type in the game to reverse AND you can just use the Volley trait to reverse it. RE: Candice, ya, it’s a great card, but if you overturn it as a reversal, you get 0 recovery.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2019, 06:45:48 AM »
Historically, I've never seen anyone have success by relying on an unprotected non-Multi F:0 action since Volley This (and Return of Scotty's WORM) were added to the game.

Keep in mind they've been playtesting Gargano for a couple months, so while spoiler shock is to be expected, theory vs. practice makes a major difference.

Also, let's watch the insulting tones, okay? This isn't a trash-talking forum like some, we prefer to keep things chill and friendly. You're welcome to an opinion, but it's not necessary to disrespect the weeks of design and testing the team put into the creation of new Superstars.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2019, 07:12:41 AM »
Not sure if the tone and feedback had to be that negative in my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say he is just average at best. Remember we are still taking about Technical and Dynamic, which are extremely weak maneuvers even with all the existing support.

If he goes full chain build, he gets +2D from Chain Reaction, recover 2 for Calgary (if he even plays it) if unsuccessful, or recover 2 for Technically Sound and Brutal (TSaB) if successful.

If he goes full heat build, he gets +2D from Spontaneous Combustion, and if it is successful, he gets to recover 2 for TSaB.

If he goes full volley build, he gets 0D reversals for Opening Volley and if it is successful, he gets to recover 2 for TSaB. And doesn't Takin' a BASH work almost the same as Volley Call, depending on the number of Volley instead of BASH?

They all sound pretty fair to me. The chain build pales in comparison to Freak'n Hero or Junkyard Dog, the Heat build pales in comparison to Snitsky (obviously), and the Volley build pales in comparison basically to any deck that plays Volley.

Well, that's just my 2 cents. Once it is released, we will all have a better grasp of how Johnny performs.

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2019, 07:16:33 AM »
Another point I'd like to make, Candice is F: 20. It SHOULD have a good effect at that cost.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!