Author Topic: Becky Lynch: The Coronation of the Man  (Read 396 times)

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
Becky Lynch: The Coronation of the Man
« on: July 30, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »
Okay this deck was built shortly after Wrestlemania and really has only been tested against a new person wanting to play another of my decks. So I really do not have any real data on it. Now, you all can go all ham on the VRD cards that I need. Please note I understand that there is the Backstage stack that is required. Assume that it is there....

Becky Lynch (Raw Face Deck)

Backstage Area: (2)

The Era of the Superstar
Becky's Steampunk Goggles

Pre-match: (12)

New York, New York
I Want to Play the Game
Pay Per View Main Event
Managed by Torrie Wilson
World Wrestling Federation Women's Title Belt
The Champ is Here
Hello Ladies x2
Wrestlemaina
The Four Horsewomen of NXT
Welcome to N-Bex-T
I'm the Champ- Nothin's Gonna Change That!

Mid Match: (12)

Backlash
Clear the Way
Don't Mess with the Champ
Fortitude Surge
Precision Personified x2
When You thought You Had All The Answers
The Women's Evolution
Team PCB
Maiden Ireland
The King Interferes!
Suicide Plancha

Backlash Strategy:

So New York pumps Becky up to 3SSV which is enough to keep Wrestlemaina in play. The idea of the feud is to get Wrestlemania into play, I may need to look at a feud that I can work with that does not tempt the person to discard Wrestlemaina or The Champ is Here from the backlash deck. (Might need some help there). Pay Per View Main Event, is card drawing power versus Removal decks which can be a double edged sword so more testing there could be needed. The 8 Card recovery from Pin conditions is helpful late game. Torrie is there for the extra hand size (At this point a 7) plus protection from that look at my hand thing that can crop up from time to time. The Belt covers the basics Extra Hand Size (now 8) Superstar Value (Now a 5SSV) and does not take up a slot in the pre-match. The Champ is Here is the cog that gets the ball rolling with 2 extra pre match slots with the following Hello Ladies will allow me to play the rest of the Pre Match deck even if I do not get one card due to I Just Want to Play the Game.  Of course Hello Ladies helps with Recover to the tune of 6 cards when both are taken out. Wrestlemaina is the UH OH button that gets me out of trouble but then puts me on a clock to get the job done.  I am the Champ allows for one more Hand size (now 9) and my belt can not be removed by normal means. N-Bex-T allows me to up my handsize again by 2 (now 11) and having cards that work with my ability allows me to start the recycling process. Horsewomen allow me to pick and choose cards in my hand that are not good for early game and Shuffle them away leaving me with one less card in hand before the match starts (total of 10 SHS)

Mid Match wise, The reversals in the game are standard fare, I have not seen any other mid match reversals at this time that is better than what I have. If there is something I need to look at please feel free.

Actions, Clear the way is there to either spoof out the Torrie or other such reversals or give the opportunity to get some extra damage during the turn. Don't Mess with the Champ and Team PCB are there for Card Recovery. Precision Personified is there to get the right card in my hand at the right time.  and Suicide Plancha is just fun!

Arsenal: (60)

Actions: (13)

Painfully Obvious Precision x2
Rocking Out
Roll Out of the Way x2
Recovery x2
Lass Kicker
Backed by Stephanie McMahon x2
Dublin Down
Revolutionizing the Division
Straight Fire

A lot of these actions are either Search for cards or Recover cards, to keep me alive during the game. I would say standard fare, That is what I look for in actions is either Search or Recovery cards.

Maneuvers: 28

Head Vise (TB) x3
Kick x3
Suplex x3
Struck by a Kendo Stick (TB) x2
Becky's Precision Leg Drop
Precision Clothesline x2
Precision Reverse Neck Breaker x2
Precision Figure Four x2
Precision Flying Fire-Arm
Precision Power Slam x2
Becky's Precision Exploder Suplex
Precision Haymaker x2
Precision Knee Drop x2
Four-Leg Clover
The Dis-Arm-Her

The obvious situation here is that the maneuvers here mostly work with the superstar ability and allow for recovery for each successfully played Precision card. I also used the least self hurting cards in the Precision suite as I was able to suss out.

Reversals: 19

Elbow to the Face x3
Escape Move x2
Just Bring It! x2
Over Sell Maneuver x2
Reach for the Ropes x2
Step Aside x2
Me Llamo…Armando Alejandro Estrrrrrada x2
No Chance in Hell x2
Sloppy... Very Sloppy x2

This is a very basic setup for Reversals.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Okay I think I have covered all of the ideas that I have been suggested to lay out there... have at thee?

Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
Re: Becky Lynch: The Coronation of the Man
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:36:12 PM »
You left out the most important Precision Kicks and Precision Sleepers.
To go for easy fortitude, you can go Bad Blood to search for Becky's Leg Drop.
I went Heel with very least actions for recovery.
Here comes the Calvary, The NXT Generation, Two Time Two Time are the cards that you will want to pack for recovery purposes.
If you are going Face, then you might want to try to go Precision Kick + Victory Roll.
Reversal can put in Once is Enough and Get the F Out.
Might want to swop out Step and Escape for A Revolution of the Mind.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:43:05 PM by rachelmon »

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »
Precision Sleeper- I do not like the giving back of cards into a backlash deck, despite the fact that it is almost guaranteed damage. Even then it is a 6 for 6 and while good for the mid game, I guess I need to be educated.

Precision Kick- Once again I do not like giving cards back, this time cards back in the arsenal, that can come back and bite me in the arse. the up to 5 cards given back to the 2 cards taken away..(the card successfully played) and the discard of the card as part of the effect is not an advantage that I am willing to give up. 
Dallasstar17

Offline necrobaron75

• +29/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 07:57:38 PM »
Unless theyre running Ready to Fight.
not really an issue with Precision Sleeper
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »
To play Precision Kick is to dodge Your Reach Exceed Your Grasps as it can only be reversed from hand.
If you have cleared your opponent's reversal by using Pyrotechnic Volley or Trash Talkin Interview, the 6F is almost guaranteed.

Precision Kick & Sleeper is a necessary for Lynch. You can recover up to 2 non reversal (3 if NXT to WWE) with almost guarantee 6 fort.

Well that is just my opinion thou.

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 05:16:34 AM »
Also, with Precision Kick, they won’t be recovering 5 because you’ll have 10F and if they don’t have a reversal in hand, they have to take the entire 6D. Follow that up with a precision sleeper for another 6 they can’t reverse from hand...absolutely no drawbacks and you recover 4. Why they are so good with Becky is that if you have lower fortitude, they are considered unique and cannot be reversed by Raw a Deal Revolution, It’s Great to be Back Here, Don’t be a Douchebag, or Carlito Says...

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 07:45:35 AM »
Make sure that amongst your Backstage stack is The Breakout NXT Star. If nothing else, it protects you from Armageddon is Upon Us, but the draw ability is obviously very useful. Similarly, you should look at some of the other NXT Prematch cards like NXT Arrival (for some Fortitude discounts on Counters, as well as some recursion) and Corey Graves: Savior of the Masses (for making NXT Arrival not take a prematch slot, protecting The NXT Generation, and granting a bit more recursion).

In your midmatch, you might want to find room for a copy or two of My Name is Matt Striker ... and I Am Your Teacher. This one is not Virtual, so you may not have access to it, but if you do, bear in mind that its interactions with Dynamic maneuvers combined with Becky (via her Goggles) treating her Precision maneuvers as Dynamic, lets it serve as Precision support in this deck, and potentially gives you free Fortitude if you're really falling behind.

I also want to echo the utility of Precision Kick. Having the reversal restriction printed on it makes it a great maneuver. Playing it for 0F as an opening maneuver (when your opponent may only have cards from the prematch in this ringside) makes it a great maneuver. Getting to choose a number less than 5 when played as a counter because of NXT Arrival and The Era of the Superstar, makes it a great maneuver. And once you have 10F and can choose 0, letting your opponent recur 0 cards, and still playing a 6D Strike that cannot be reversed from hand, it remains a great maneuver.

I also often have a gut reaction to Precision cards based on my worst case scenario (paying the maximum precision effect for maximum Fortitude discount), but it's important to remember that the maximum is not going to be necessary every time. For cards like Precision Kick, especially in Becky, it may only be necessary once, and if so, possibly at a time when it makes no difference to your opponent anyway.

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 01:57:00 PM »
Well I will say that with some of your ideas and what not that Becky is going back into the lab and being tinkered with.
Dallasstar17

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 05:46:01 PM »
So yeah with the release of the "I am the Man" backstage card this deck is now going to be reworked. I am thinking that I am going to be looking at a lot more card draw. So I can replenish my hand after dropping cards into Precision cards for shock and awe effect.... a turn 1 Precision Power Slam could be just such a situation.
Dallasstar17

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Imagine discard 7 to play a Precision Power Slam and got reversed.
7 cards gone and your turn end. that is scary

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 07:10:39 PM »
So don't make risky plays if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences, haha.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »
So don't make risky plays if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences, haha.

CREED

This is the most truest fact in all of card gaming.
Dallasstar17