Author Topic: Time for a Change  (Read 1606 times)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
Time for a Change
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »
Over the last 12 years, I've had some weeks or months where I lost interest in Raw Deal, then found it again.  However, with college and moving, and dealing with some other personal issues, that desire just hasn't been coming back.  There is still some interest in keeping Virtual going, though, and it seems the person who is most actively working to keep the game alive is Eric RD.

We've talked in the past about it, and I've decided that my lack of interest means I'm no longer the right guy to run this crazy project of ours.  So I've talked to Eric, and he's going to take the lead of Virtual Raw Deal now.  I will, of course, still be around.  We're already discussing how to get Virtual 9B finished up and released, and what comes next to work on getting new content developed, playtested, and released.

Beginning with Virtual 10, Eric will be handling things, with some 'new blood' assisting in development.  He can provide more detail, but his plan is smaller sets more often, which will likely be well-received by the players, I suspect.

I'll still be around, just more as a navigator than a pilot.  Here's to Raw Deal living on!  <raises a toast>

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a Change
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 10:40:18 PM »
Thank you for your service, Creed. You've provided a lot of fun and entertainment in all of our lives through Virtual Raw Deal. Let's keep that fun going!
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline ironteeth

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 04:16:47 AM »
Thank you Creed for all your contributions to the RD Game! Really appreciate the  effort in keeping this game alive and building a strong community of RD players
Join the <R>evolution!

Offline Hayus

• +12/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »
I'd like to echo others here in saying genuinely, thanks very very kindly for all of your hard work. All the best, and thanks for getting me back in to RD (and out to Gencon two more times than I'd ever thought was going to happen).,

Hayus.

Offline Toxic

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
thanks, for all that hard work, the day of retirement of services always to come Creed, fun fact, much people here made a small  play group just because of the virtual cards, we were really bored of same strategies and combos, that virtual gave us new techs and fun. also if it wasn't for your effort, time and dedication, i would not make superstar proxy files for play for fun, so with all that in mind, thanks for all that hard work, and enjoy your time, let us know when you finish the college!

Me and my friends from chile wish you the best on your future!
Chile TCO Commisioner!!!

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
Creed,

Like most of us Raw Dealers, I have to say thank you for all that you have done over the years in supporting and developing this game. Seeing that you were the one that was running the VRD stuff is what really brought me back to be active on my old ass TCO account in the first place. While I know you are going to be more navigator than pilot. The game is in capable hands with Eric. Thank you once again and I still hope to cross paths with you in the future and get a game in eventually.

Eric if you need help with ideas testing or what not please do not hesitate to hit me up here I will gladly lend a helping hand when I can.
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:38:13 AM »
Thank you, Creed, for all you've contributed to the game. Your efforts have been indispensible to keeping this game going, and it has been inspiring to watch the way you have continued to expand and innovate on what I still consider to be one of the best card games ever released. I hope that you find your drive for the game again (because all of your hard work demonstrates how deeply you've felt it in the past), and thank you for leaving us in such good state, and in such good hands going forward.

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »
Thank you Creed. Cheers to many more years of good ol' classic RD.

Offline Dr_phillanomics

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 08:07:23 AM »
Cheers for all your dedication to the game we love! Thank you Creed!
The smartest man in Royal Rumble history.

Offline Shelan

• +3/-4
  • And That's the Bottom Line...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 07:39:33 AM »
It’s been a journey of a life time and now, you, sitting back to mentor is like experiencing the birth of a new era! While these virtual contents made available to us beyond one’s comprehension, we too carry the responsibility being in an ever-anticipating community to grow and influence in numbers. With teamwork, impossible is nothing! To the cockpit, Captain Eric RD ⭐️🥂

Long Live CREED ❤️🥂
Long Live Raw Deal ❤️
"Imagine speaking with your oldest, wisest, most optimal future self. What you're doing is tapping deep into your subconscious. Let your choices be guided by the person you hope to become." — Brianna Wiest

Discord: Shelan

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 09:46:54 AM »
Thank you all for the kinds words, it's much appreciated!  It's really the only form of payment I can receive (well, that and donations to keep TCO online, haha).

Good news, we're finally wrapping up the back end of Virtual 9 (at long last) though I'd recommend setting the expectations low.  There were plans to have more support cards, some are conspicuous by their absence (Drew McIntyre, Roman Reigns) but weren't quite finished.  Rather than wait even longer, we're going to push out what's ready, and the rest will hold until Virtual 10.

Better to get things moving for now, with a greater reward in line for the first set of the Eric RD Era, heh.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 09:05:45 PM »
I skipped being fashionably late, and now I am just late to the party, but I also want to say my thank yous to Creed.
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 02:49:05 AM »
Thanks Creed for all the hard work and "rescuing" so many RD Superstars.

With V9b on the horizon, maybe we can get a last little preview before Eric takes the lead?  ;)
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-40
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 01:41:13 PM »
I've also been out and distracted for a while with personal issues.. just checking back in to find this.

good luck on everything moving forward Creed.. words can't express our gratitude to you for your leadership and integrity and drive to keep RD alive and kicking all these years... The P6 Peeps down here in Houston appreciation everything you have done.

With the changing of the guard, we hope nothing but good things from this CCG that has been such a huge part of all the loyal RD player's lives for so long.. so I'm sure Eric will be an awesome leader to take us into the future... thank you all

J

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
Hey, speaking of 'time' - isn't it time for Monday Night Raw?  Or is that... Monday Night Rollins!

CREED
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:16:43 PM by CreedP »

Offline thebear308

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
So, are we removing "Mid-match" to save space, or can this only be played as a Reversal during Pre-match?

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 02:48:06 PM »
Oversight, we haven't made many of this hybrid type in the past.  It'll be fixed before release, thanks.

(EDIT - Fixed image above)

CREED
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:17:21 PM by CreedP »

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »
Oh yeah, Smackdown's on.  Say, remember when these guys were terrorizing the tag team division on Smackdown? 

This was the first use of an idea to thematically have a tag team without waiting for a spot to make a whole new Superstar.  Eric can decide how this is executed going forward, but there's some sketched-out ideas for a couple more down the road.  There are a few more support cards, with some benefits for being part of the team, and some perks to help prop up Rowan a little better.

(And yes, one of the other teams discussed for this was The Bar, but we didn't get it nailed down in time, sadly...)

CREED

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »
Wow. I love this tag team faction idea.

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 06:32:15 PM »
I really like the idea here, I also would like to see what you all would do with a blank faction to have the random tag team out there. It would be interesting to see.
Dallasstar17

Offline Shelan

• +3/-4
  • And That's the Bottom Line...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »
Wow! Credit to CREED & Co. to have come up with the Tag-team Faction idea! Just brilliant! Can't wait for more!
"Imagine speaking with your oldest, wisest, most optimal future self. What you're doing is tapping deep into your subconscious. Let your choices be guided by the person you hope to become." — Brianna Wiest

Discord: Shelan

Offline Painmaker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
Oh, neat idea. This opens up a lot of room to represent a lot of tag teams that were a thing for short periods of time and never got a chance to be in the game. For instance, I always wanted to see a representation of the tag team my friends and I nicknamed the Canadian Violence Connection, which was when Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho were a team for a while.

I hope the tag teams as a faction card thing continues on!

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
It should, though... don't hold your breath on seeing anything Benoit related, sorry.

Meanwhile, isn't it NXT tonight?  Nothing on hand for the current roster, but we do have this shiny object available:

CREED
...counting down the hours now!

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »
It is a pretty belt and the ability is not terrible for the current crop of people. The hint drop of what is being tested for v10 is the most exciting thing to me.
Dallasstar17

Offline Painmaker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »
I wouldn't take it at face value that all of those characters that will show up in v10. Raw Deal has a long history of having cards that reference characters that either come out a long time after that if at all. Hello, Ladies is a good example of this. I would say that a few of those superstars showing up in v10 is a safe bet, though. I do look forward to see what those superstars will have to offer if and when they come out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:17:11 PM by Painmaker »