Author Topic: Conffusing french phenom  (Read 146 times)

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Conffusing french phenom
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:54:57 AM »
Hi guys. Just wanna ask a stupid confusing question
How does the card the french phenom works?

Case scenario:
No cards under the card "the french phenom"

If i ace and put 1 card underneath the card, do i have to fulfill the other half of the ace effect and put that only card back into my hand?

For easy reference

The French Phenom
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked and does not take up a slot in your Ring.
Any card under this card is considered to also be 'on top of your Arsenal', and when it is a D: 3+ card and you do not have a D: 1+ Pre-match card in your Ring, your Fortitude Rating is +3.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may put 1 card from your hand or on top of your Arsenal under this card face-up, and then put any other cards under this card into your hand; do not discard to reversals to this effect.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Conffusing french phenom
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:43:55 AM »
The key phrase here is "Any other cards."

Let's say it's your first turn, and there's nothing under Phenom. You ACE it, and put the Shoot Lock-Up in your hand underneath it. There's no "other card" under Phenom, only the Shoot Lock-Up you just tucked, so nothing moves to your hand. Your opponent could choose to play Don't Try This At Home to reverse the ACE and end your turn, but your card would still go under Phenom, since that's the cost, and you would not discard or remove Phenom from your Ring, since it's permanent and says you don't discard. You now have a D:3+ card under Phenom, so your Fortitude Rating is +3.

On your next turn, you decide you want that Shoot Lock-Up in your hand instead. You choose to put the top card of your Arsenal under Phenom. It's Once is Enough. Shoot Lock-Up is the "other card" under Phenom, so if your opponent does not reverse the ACE, you would pick up Shoot Lock-Up, Once is Enough would stay under Phenom, and you would lose 3F since the card under Phenom isn't D:3+. If your opponent does reverse the ACE, Once is Enough would stay under Phenom since that's the cost, Shoot Lock-Up would stay under Phenom since you do not get the effect, and you would keep your 3F since the Shoot Lock-Up is still under there.

Turn 3, you want Shoot Lock-Up and Once is Enough back. You choose to put the top card of your Arsenal under Phenom. It's Cold-Cocked. Shoot Lock-Up and Once is Enough are the "other cards" under Phenom, so if your opponent does not reverse the ACE, you would pick up Shoot Lock-Up and Once is Enough, Cold-Cocked would remain under Phenom, and since Cold-Cocked is D:3+, you would keep your 3F. (Again, if the ACE is reversed, all the cards thus far would stay under Phenom.)

Eventually, the ACE will not be reversed, and the only card remaining under Phenom when this occurs is the card used to pay the cost.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Conffusing french phenom
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Cheers.