Author Topic: Old School Brawl vs. Carlito vs. Douchebag  (Read 179 times)

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Old School Brawl vs. Carlito vs. Douchebag
« on: June 10, 2019, 12:53:43 AM »
Can i get clarification on the ruling for the cards shown Below. I have read through a long list of rulings on the cards and have found some to be contradictory. I just want to get it clarified in one post.

Don't be a Douchebag!
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, cannot be reversed when you have lower Fortitude; shuffle up to 2 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
As a reversal, ignore any reversal restriction from a card, reverse any non-Unique maneuver that is Revolution or has a reversal restriction from your opponent; when overturned, can also reverse any non-damage card effect (even during the Pre-Match phase), and put this card in to your Ring.
Choose one: draw 1 card or he discards 1 card.
F: 0     D: 2     Unique     Permanent

Carlito Says "That’s Not Cool!"
Reversal: Special
This card ignores any reversal restrictions from the reversed card.
Reverse any non-unique maneuver with a printed reversal restriction, draw 2 cards, and your opponent discards 2 random cards.
When overturned, this card is -5F and can also reverse any card with Momentum or any non-damage card effect.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique

This Is Going To Be an Old School Brawl!
Mid-match Reversal: Special
Can only be played when your opponent plays a maneuver with a reversal restriction from his card that is not his first maneuver with a reversal restriction from his card this turn. Blank that maneuver's text and damage, he discards 2 random cards, and end his turn.
When this card is in your Ring and he plays a non-Superstar-specific maneuver with a reversal restriction from his card that is not his first maneuver this turn with a reversal restriction from his card, he overturns 2 cards.
F: 0     D: 2     Unique     RMS logo

Example for Questions 1, 2 & 3:
Assume I am playing as Umaga and have Family Legacy in my ring area making my Samoan Drop chain; If i were to play an Ankle Lock (TB) successfully and then played a Samoan Drop (which is made chain from an effect i control).

1. Douchebag:
I believe that this would not reverse the Samoan Drop as the chain trait is a reversal restriction from the chain trait, not from a card. And even though the chain trait is being added to the samoan drop from another card, the restriction is still coming from the chain trait, but not a card. Is this Correct?

2. Carlito:
I believe that this would not reverse the Samoan Drop because the chain trait is not printed. The reason being is that chain is a reversal restriction from a trait (not a card), however in this case because the chain trait is not printed, it does not meet the requirements. Is this Correct?

3. Old School Brawl:
Similarly to Douchebag, am I correct in saying that this card would not reverse the Samoan Drop (which is now Chain) because no maneuvers have been played that turn with a reversal restriction from a card. The reason being that the chain trait is not a reversal restriction from a card, but from the trait itself. Is this correct?

Example for Question 4:
Note: On the assumption that I am correct in saying that chain is a reversal restriction, but this comes from a trait and not a card (hence Old School Brawl and Douchebag will not meet the requirements).
If i play an Ankle Lock (TB).

4. Carlito:
It will reverse a printed chain maneuver, because the chain trait is printed on the card, but because it only ignores reversal restrictions from a card (not a trait), you would still have to discard 2 cards to reverse the ankle lock with Carlito. Is this Correct?

Example for Question 5:
If i have 9F and my opp has 30F, I then play a Shoot Lock-up successfully and then follow up with a Shoot Forearm.

5. Douchebag, Carlito & Old School Brawl:
All of the above reversals are applicable. Is this Correct?

Example for Question 6:
If i have 9F and my opp has 16F, I then play a Shoot Lock-up successfully, I play a second Shoot Lock-up (the second one is not protected by a reversal restriction as I now have greater fortitude).

6. Douchebag, Carlito & Old School Brawl:
None of the above are applicable reversals to the second Shoot Lock-up because it has no active reversal restrictions. Is this Correct?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:47:16 AM by The_Wolfpac »

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Old School Brawl vs. Carlito vs. Douchebag
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
1) Incorrect. Douchebag ignores restrictions from cards, but it reverses cards with restrictions from the opponent. Your effect made the card Chain, it's coming from you, so Douchebag can tag your Samoan Drop. Douchebag can't ignore the Chain trait, so the Douchebag player still has to discard, but Douchebag is a legal reversal in this case.

2) Correct, Samoan Drop has no printed reversal restrictions, so Carlito can't touch it.

3) Old School Brawl doesn't ever reverse anything.  :P You are correct that it's not a legal play after your Samoan Drop, because the reversal restriction is from the Chain trait, not a card.

4) Correct, Chain is a reversal restriction and it's printed on your Ankle Lock TB, but Carlito can't ignore it because it's a trait effect, not a card effect, so the Carlito player has to discard 2 cards to play Carlito.

5) Correct, all three of those cards can be played.

6) Correct, a reversal restriction has to be actively affecting your opponent's reversal capability to be a reversal restriction. If that text is inactive because you don't meet a requirement on it, then it's not a reversal restriction.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.