Author Topic: 8th Wonder of the World / Back to Basics  (Read 426 times)

Offline Mau-cho Man

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
8th Wonder of the World / Back to Basics
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »
8th Wonder of the World / Back to Basics

I'm working on making an 8th Wonder deck with Back to Basics. I wanted to post it here to get some feedback. I feel like I have too many maneuvers.

PREMATCH

Back to Basics
Old school manager
Old school cage
Old school donnybrook
Getting some oldschool payback
Oldschool antics
Old school beating x2
Old school wrestling match (throwback)
World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title Belt (throwback)

MIDMATCH

Just when you had the answers....
Outside interference
Ready to fight (throwback)
Living the good life (throwback)
Sustained damage
That's J.R.'s Animal Hat Trick, Folks
Backlash
Fully loaded
Save da Drama fo' yo' Mama
Giant choke hold

ARSENAL

Obey
Giant bearhug
Giant headbutt
It's Not My Fault Being the Biggest and the Strongest
Giant brain trust
Giant knee smash
Princess Bride
The Immovable Object

3x Candice: Internet Icon
2x Pencil necked geek
3x Elbow to the face
3x step aside
3x break the hold
3x escape move
3x volley this
2x Get the f out (throwback)
Manager Interferes

I'm Gonna Put You Through the Ring
He's Runnin' Like a Scalded Dawg
Gettin' Beat Like a Government Mule
He's as Crazy as a Pet Raccoon
In My Day, a Maneuver Was a Maneuver
"Cowboy" Bob Orton Interferes

Arm Bar
Arm Bar Takedown
Arm Drag
Atomic Drop
Belly to Back Suplex
Belly to Belly Suplex
Body Slam
Chop
Clothesline
Collar & Elbow Lockup
Drop Kick
Haymaker
Head Butt
Hip Toss
Press Slam
Punch
Roundhouse Punch
Russian Leg Sweep
Snap Mare
Vertical Suplex
Wrist Lock
Backhand Slap
Drop Toe Hold
Hammerlock

Offline LawnMowerMan

• +7/-11
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Wonder of the World / Back to Basics
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »
Is there a reason you decided to do Back to Basics? he's much more useful using multi maneuvers due to his pre-match card.
Current Illinois Tournament Organizer.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 10:22:57 PM »
Hand Nuking+Bad Blood to get Giant Headbutt turn1
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline Mau-cho Man

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 08:10:20 AM »
Is there a reason you decided to do Back to Basics? he's much more useful using multi maneuvers due to his pre-match card.

Well I've only been playing a short while and recently discovered Back to Basics. So I thought 8th Wonder would be good first try. There are probably better wrestlers to use.

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 04:42:15 AM »
Yeap. Great Khali and Ultimate Warrior is good with B2B. In fact, they are meant for B2B. Haha. And they have great supports with B2B.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 04:00:11 AM »
Since you are packing Back to Basics, have you considered packing Old School Raw. The mid-match reversal

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 07:24:11 AM »
8th Wonder, despite losing Giant Eiffel Tower, is a pretty good B2B deck in theory since he can protect his hand more easily from hand nukes.

Some initial tips I can offer:

1) You NEED 3 x Manager Interferes.  Like, must have, no question.
2) You NEED at least 2 x Don't Try This At Home.  Again, no question, as there's too many ACE's that devastate you in the world to go without protection.
3) Have you considered the backstage card Legendary Defense?  As a legend, you get the ability to pack that, and it gives you back 6 spots to put other cards into the deck.
4) Your Backlash deck is short cards - in the Virtual era, the Backlash deck may contain 12 Pre-Match cards and 12 Mid-Match cards, and you may play 6 of each.  Your current outline only has 10 Pre Match and 10 Mid-Match.  My suggestions for you to look at with regards to the two extra cards:
 -Pre-Match: A Foundation of Old School Wrestling and Old School Beating #3
 -Mid-Match: Restricted Use In This Area and Old School Raw.
5) I would also seriously consider replacing Save Da Drama... for Turning Everything Upside Down or You're As Graceful As A Cow On Ice.  With the reversals you have access to in the deck, it'll be rare that you are hit with two high risks in the same turn (unless of course Eddie is involved).  However, either of the two cards mentioned not only stop the second High Risk but also can stop waves of actions.

Beyond that, it's a matter of practice and seeing what cards work in your local scene.  You may find Hold the Phone useful - maybe you need a Lift a Boot in case Shane O' Mac is running wild.  Maybe some B2B moves are better than others and you'd like to make space for other cards in your Arsenal.  That will come with more practice and playing games to see what you like better. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Mau-cho Man

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:24:27 AM »
8th Wonder, despite losing Giant Eiffel Tower, is a pretty good B2B deck in theory since he can protect his hand more easily from hand nukes.

Some initial tips I can offer:

1) You NEED 3 x Manager Interferes.  Like, must have, no question.
2) You NEED at least 2 x Don't Try This At Home.  Again, no question, as there's too many ACE's that devastate you in the world to go without protection.
3) Have you considered the backstage card Legendary Defense?  As a legend, you get the ability to pack that, and it gives you back 6 spots to put other cards into the deck.
4) Your Backlash deck is short cards - in the Virtual era, the Backlash deck may contain 12 Pre-Match cards and 12 Mid-Match cards, and you may play 6 of each.  Your current outline only has 10 Pre Match and 10 Mid-Match.  My suggestions for you to look at with regards to the two extra cards:
 -Pre-Match: A Foundation of Old School Wrestling and Old School Beating #3
 -Mid-Match: Restricted Use In This Area and Old School Raw.
5) I would also seriously consider replacing Save Da Drama... for Turning Everything Upside Down or You're As Graceful As A Cow On Ice.  With the reversals you have access to in the deck, it'll be rare that you are hit with two high risks in the same turn (unless of course Eddie is involved).  However, either of the two cards mentioned not only stop the second High Risk but also can stop waves of actions.

Beyond that, it's a matter of practice and seeing what cards work in your local scene.  You may find Hold the Phone useful - maybe you need a Lift a Boot in case Shane O' Mac is running wild.  Maybe some B2B moves are better than others and you'd like to make space for other cards in your Arsenal.  That will come with more practice and playing games to see what you like better.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to look into doing those changes. I did not realize the pre and mid match got bumped up. A friend of mine taught me with the 20 card backlash format.