Author Topic: Iron Sheik Ability  (Read 254 times)

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Iron Sheik Ability
« on: May 19, 2019, 05:56:35 PM »
Iron Sheik
Your opponent must discard 2 cards to play reversals to your non chain heat maneuvers played from hand, and must overturn 2 cards to reverse your heat maneuvers played from ringside.

Does your opponent have to overturn to reverse heat from ringside to attempt to reverse on overturn as well?

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-69
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Sheik Ability
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
yes if it is to be reversed at all for any reason your opponent must flip 2
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline Ekhari

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »
I don't think that's right, you discard two to reverse from hand or overturn two to reverse from ringside.  Reversing on overturn is neither of these, it's reversing from Arsenal.  So I don't think you have to do anything to reverse on overturn, the played maneuver is still considered successful and goes into the ring, the overturned reversal just stops the damage and ends the turn.

If it were meant to stop you from reversing on overturn it would have something like Lashley's ability.

Lashley
Starting Hand Size: 9     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability: Your non-unique maneuvers cannot be reversed from your opponent’s Arsenal.
GAB
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:39:34 PM »
I don't think that's right, you discard two to reverse from hand or overturn two to reverse from ringside.  Reversing on overturn is neither of these, it's reversing from Arsenal.  So I don't think you have to do anything to reverse on overturn, the played maneuver is still considered successful and goes into the ring, the overturned reversal just stops the damage and ends the turn.

The first part of the Shiek's ability asks where your maneuver is being played from AND where your opponent is trying to reverse from. The second part only asks where your maneuver is being played from and does not care where your opponent's reversal is coming from. It's a more encompassing ability than the first part.

Offline Ekhari

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
Oh, you're right, I misread that.  Sorry.
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »
Does the overturn happen before or after you reverse it? Doesn’t make sense to do it before if there’s the possibility it won’t even be reversed.

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »
You would have to overturn 2 to be able to reverse it from anywhere, including arsenal
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!