Author Topic: Heat Deck Question  (Read 172 times)

Offline HazukiChi

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Heat Deck Question
« on: May 02, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
Just want to know if i a remembering this right.

Once per turn, if you have more than 5 heat cards in your ringside pile, you can play 1 heat card from your ringside pile. If you move any number of cards from your ringside pile with any non-heat effect, you must first remove from the game all of your heat cards from your ringside pile. NOTE: You can play heat cards from your ringside even when the card "Hell in a Cell" is in any ring area because heat trait states that heat cards are "played" and not "moved" as Hell in a Cell specifies. If Hell in a Cell is in any ring area and a player is able to move cards from his ringside pile with a superstar specific card from a superstar listed in the card Hell in a Cell, that player must eitherways remove all heat cards in his ringside pile first, since Hell in a cell prevents "effects" to move cards from ringside pile but not traits, which is the heat case.

I have friends telling me even if i use the heat trait to play a heat card from ring I will still lose my card from ringside.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Re: Heat Deck Question
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »
Your friends are wrong. If you use HEAT:Trait to play a Heat card from RINGSIDE, you won't remove from game any Heat cards in your ringside.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:58:40 PM »
Buddha is correct and it's not 5 Heat it's 6 Heats Cards need to e in your Ringside to play a Yellow or Blue but on the Reversals you don't need to have 6. As far a HITC w/ Heat you can still play them from Ringside but you can't Re-Gen any cause of HITC while it's out there so like say you played Stay Away from Daivari you aren't able to put 3 Cards from Ringside to top of your aresenal but you can still look for them 2 Action:Heat Cards.
Also Side Note Hell In A Cell works perfectly w/ alot of the Blindside stuff so you don't have to Lose alot of Cards when playing them.
But back to the HEAT thing If you were playing w/ 1 of the Superstars listed on Hell In A Cell and tried to Re-Gen same thing as all the rest nothing your Heat Stays but if Hell In a Cell was Blanked or Not Played then you could Re-Gen w/ like a Roll Out of The Ring but if you chose 1-2 all your Heat would be removed 1st then you can do that w/ ROOTR does this help ya.

Offline Ekhari

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 11:26:34 PM »
Also, a big thing to note is that you don't have to remove Heat cards in your ringside from the game when a card with the Heat trait moves cards from your ringside.  This includes, but isn't limited to playing a Heat card from ringside, it also includes the card effects from Heat cards.

If you play a card that moves cards that does NOT have the heat trait, you remove all the Heat cards before you do the played card's effect.  If your opponent plays a card that allows you to move cards and you can choose to not move cards, you remove your Heat cards before the effect if you attempt to move any.  If you have no choice on your opponent's card, you do not remove them.  Basically, if you had a choice in the matter (including playing a card or using an ability) you remove all your Heat cards in your ringside from the game.  If you have no choice, or do not actually move anything you do not remove them.

I won't quote the whole Heat trait block from the OmniFAQ, but you can download it here: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,7946.0.html  The section on Heat starts on the bottom of page 109 and continues into the top of 110, probably easiest to jump to the bottom and scroll up until you find it.  If you want to search for it I'd recommend doing a search in the document for Front Chancery (Heat shows up a lot through the document, Front Chancery is only mentioned in that section).
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline DebuRaito

• +20/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 03:27:52 AM »
Buddha is correct and it's not 5 Heat it's 6 Heats Cards need to e in your Ringside to play a Yellow or Blue but on the Reversals you don't need to have 6. As far a HITC w/ Heat you can still play them from Ringside but you can't Re-Gen any cause of HITC while it's out there so like say you played Stay Away from Daivari you aren't able to put 3 Cards from Ringside to top of your aresenal but you can still look for them 2 Action:Heat Cards.
Also Side Note Hell In A Cell works perfectly w/ alot of the Blindside stuff so you don't have to Lose alot of Cards when playing them.
But back to the HEAT thing If you were playing w/ 1 of the Superstars listed on Hell In A Cell and tried to Re-Gen same thing as all the rest nothing your Heat Stays but if Hell In a Cell was Blanked or Not Played then you could Re-Gen w/ like a Roll Out of The Ring but if you chose 1-2 all your Heat would be removed 1st then you can do that w/ ROOTR does this help ya.

You still need to have 6 heat cards in ringside to play a heat reversal from ringside.