Author Topic: The Lord of Darkness  (Read 185 times)

Offline Shelan

• +3/-4
  • And That's the Bottom Line...
    • View Profile
The Lord of Darkness
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:17:28 PM »
The Lord of Darkness
Hand Size: 6
Superstar Value: 6
WWF Legend Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns, before your Draw Segment, when you have 6- cards, draw until you have 6 cards. Your opponent’s non-Superstar specific maneuvers do no more than a maximum of 6D. You may pack any cards with the Undertaker or Deadman Inc along with the Phenom logos (except the card titled I'm the Biggest Dog on this Block!), but you do not count as either Superstar. When you are packing cards that just have one of those logos, you cannot pack cards that just have the other logo. You cannot pack ECW, WCW or NWO cards.

The Power of Darkness TB
Backstage Card
During your opponent’s turn, after Damage have been applied, Promo: 2 and then shuffle 1 card from your Ringside into your Arsenal. If you do not, remove 1 card from your Ringside. Your maneuvers are +1D and your opponent’s Reversals to your non-reversal cards +1F for each card removed from the game in this way.
Unique     RMS

Undertaker’s Patented Apron Leg Drop
Mid-match High Risk + High Risk
Can only be played as Counter. This card requires 3 reversals instead of 2, and ignore “completely” in the text of reversals and effects to it.
When successfully played, search your Arsenal for 2 Superstar-specific non-reversal card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 8    D: 17     SV: 2     Unique      RMS logo
"Imagine speaking with your oldest, wisest, most optimal future self. What you're doing is tapping deep into your subconscious. Let your choices be guided by the person you hope to become." — Brianna Wiest

Discord: Shelan

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
Re: The Lord of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:42 AM »
The Power of Darkness TB
Backstage Card
During your opponent’s turn, after Damage have been applied, Promo: 2 and then shuffle 1 card from your Ringside into your Arsenal. If you do not, remove 1 card from your Ringside. Your maneuvers are +1D and your opponent’s Reversals to your non-reversal cards +1F for each card removed from the game in this way.
Unique     RMS

I think this one is too unwieldy. For one thing, I don't see how the card text gives you the opportunity to ever remove cards from the game. You need to make something in there optional, either the entire Promo: 2 and recursion, or just the recursion. As written, the whole thing is mandatory, never letting you get at the fuel for the third part.

For another, this would essentially require you to have two different "removed from the game" stacks: one for this effect, one for all other cards removed from the game. Especially if the intention is to still show the cards removed by this to be recovered back into the game.  I think it would be substantially easier for bookkeeping to have the cards moved from it's effect go under the Power of Darkness itself (or even just into his backstage area). That would require either that you give another effect to get them out of the backstage, or to just accept the permanent loss of those cards as payment for the standing effect.

The Superstar deck restrictions should probably also be cleaned up so that it says "When you are packing cards that only have one of those logos, you cannot pack cards that only have another of those logos", so that it's clear that you're choosing between Undertaker, Deadman, or Phenom.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: The Lord of Darkness
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »
One problem... if you picked Phenom in that scenario, you'd have about a third of the specifics that you would if you picked Undertaker / Deadman. I feel like Shelan's intent was to make you pick between Undertaker or Deadman (because the specifics that only have one logo are the same things with new names) and always get Phenom. The solution there would be to parcel out UT/DMI into their own clause and tack on Phenom after that.

"You may pack any cards with the Undertaker or Deadman Inc logos (except the card titled I'm the Biggest Dog on this Block!). When you are packing cards that just have one of those logos, you cannot pack cards that just have the other logo. You may also pack cards with the Phenom logo."
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.