Author Topic: [NO SPOILERS] Avengers: Endgame  (Read 443 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
[NO SPOILERS] Avengers: Endgame
« on: April 26, 2019, 12:13:55 AM »
First and foremost, no spoilers, please!

That said - WOW.  How do you give even more accolades to a film that managed to live up to the standards of 20+ movies before it, connect them together, and aim even higher than before?  Just... incredible.  Awesome.  Amazing.  Wow.

Couple quick notes, because it's very late and this is a very long movie, clocking in just over 3 hours (though it didn't feel like it!).  There are NO mid- or post-credit scenes.  There is a 'sound' at the end, but it's not a reveal or anything, more of a callback.  For those ready to beat the traffic, you're not missing anything if you bail when the credits roll and Google it, heh.

Also, these aren't really spoilers, but I'll pass along these points in the movie as points where a quick run to the restroom won't miss much.

* When the Hulk eats lunch
* When the title card says 'NEW JERSEY'

I only really had two issues with the movie, the first is too mired in spoiler territory to discuss here, but the second is simple.  What now?

Much like adding more Harry Potter, they've built around the Infinity Stones and Thanos for so long, it's difficult to see where they go from here.  Maybe the Fox acquisition will lead to an X-Universe coming to the MCU as the next 'big thing'?  Hard to say.

Anyway, highest recommendation for Endgame.  It checks all the boxes, truly fantastic film.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Re: [NO SPOILERS] Avengers: Endgame
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:47:15 PM »
I'm satisfied by its ending...and some may say that's a real meh thing to say, but I hardly feel that way coming out of a movie that ends a saga like that.

As for what's next, I'm banking we get a little taste in far from home.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
Re: [NO SPOILERS] Avengers: Endgame
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »
Piss break?
Put in a catheter

female dog WHAT LINE?!